Sand Blasting

shilo

Does anyone know if there is a place in r.p. that does sand blasting?
I have a house in cholla bay and want to get the patio set blasted so i can repaint it.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I am not 100% sure but "el Chispazo" welding shop might have sandblasting services, you can call them at 638-383-2540 or 638-105-3378 cell

Last edited:

Rhino

Glad you asked. I have two iron gates I'd like to have sandblasted and powder coated. Is anyone aware of where I can get that done in Penasco?

jerry

Make natural rust remover by mixing baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar into a paste, which can be applied to any metal surface that has rust on it. Allow the rust remover to dissolve the rust and then wipe it off

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Will that work on stuff that has really thick rust on it? Like my Mexico patio furniture?

Jim

A friend of mine bought a cheap hopper type sand blaster from Harbor Freight. He just shoveled sand right out of the road when he sandblasted the camel images on the windows of the bar. It seemed to work great.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Gotta restore what I have.....Money, you know......My Jerry will help me. Smuggler's Cove will rise again, better than ever!

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Ooooh, Thanks for this website, Jerry.... It's goin' in my favorites. All my stuff is gonna be beautiful!

Landshark

Rhino, I had new steel gates made, sandblasted & powdercoated with epoxy primer and paint. Within a year they were rusting & at 2 years had rust holes developing. Had them repaired & sandblasted, then hot galvanized, then powdercoated. Rust problem solved. Hot galvanizing rustproofs the metal inside & out & the price was very reasonable. Don't know if you could get it done in RP. I hauled the gates back to Phoenix.

Rhino

Rhino, I had new steel gates made, sandblasted & powdercoated with epoxy primer and paint. Within a year they were rusting & at 2 years had rust holes developing. Had them repaired & sandblasted, then hot galvanized, then powdercoated. Rust problem solved. Hot galvanizing rustproofs the metal inside & out & the price was very reasonable. Don't know if you could get it done in RP. I hauled the gates back to Phoenix.
Thanks for the tip! Where in Phoenix did you have the work done?

Landshark

Arizona Galvanizing in Goodyear. http://www.azzgalvanizing.com/ (623) 925-1000 They offer a 5 day turnaround to sandblast and hot galvanize. If your gates are made with steel tubing, you will need to drill holes in the top & bottom of each tube so their material can galvanize the inside of the tube and then drain out. Then take to a powdercoating facility who will lightly sandblast for adhesion and powdercoat. This is the best process I have found for steel products in a harsh environment such as RP.

Galvinizing is normally charged by the weight. I made all my balcony railing out of solid wrought iron so the cost to galvanize would have been very expensive. Will you have to pay duty on the gates bringing them back to Mexico?

Rick
Cholla Bay