Sand Dollars and low tide

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So this morning at 7:41 am was low tide for this full moon. Naomi and I decided to head out to Cholla bay and see what we could find. What a cool place to be in the early morning. There were a few others out there doing the same thing and as we left after 45 minutes there were other making their way down to the bay hoping to find some clams or other thing that manifest itself in the low tide zone. I am happy to report that we found more dollars this morning than we have made in our time living here. I will show you an example in a future photo. :-D

P

Penasco Pirate

I don't remember ever seeing the tide that low! I imagine the snokeling out there would be bitchin' at that level!

I don't remember ever seeing the tide that low! I imagine the snokeling out there would be bitchin' at that level!
Pirate...at new moon and full moon time, that tide goes out very far....when my daughter was younger, we would time our trips out to Cholla for sand dollar hunting during those times of the month....we used to find 5 gallon bucket fulls of sand dollars....the sample Russ showed in his photo is just a "drop in the bucket" from what we used to find.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Pirate...at new moon and full moon time, that tide goes out very far....when my daughter was younger, we would time our trips out to Cholla for sand dollar hunting during those times of the month....we used to find 5 gallon bucket fulls of sand dollars....the sample Russ showed in his photo is just a "drop in the bucket" from what we used to find.
We only stayed out for 45 minutes it wasnt meant to be a contest just a slice of life

And with all of the recent "activity" (Consulate report, etc), I'm sure your stress level must have been up there....

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
And with all of the recent "activity" (Consulate report, etc), I'm sure your stress level must have been up there....
For what it is worth and I am sure it isnt much to most, we have been dealing with this flood of neg since a travel consortium in Phoenix last Friday. So every day since (except today) has been internet chats, phone calls, and meetings. I hope that our group here did a good job for our people in Penasco (Thanks to Manny, Rosie, Cindy, Fausto, Raul, Betty, Wayne, etc, etc, etc..)

Only time will tell how it will work out. Our group is not happy to sit on the sideline when this kind of bs hits the fan and us at the same time.

Cabo

Spanish Mackerrel
Russ, Thanks for sharing your morning. very nice Sand dollars. Did you see any live ones?
If you put them in a bucket with a cup of bleach and back in the sun they will turn very pretty to string and hang.
We all had them hanging in the porch, nice memories. Thanks.

jerry

i always used to pity people that had there yards full of beach death objects...then I said screw it and now have my own collection of the slow and the unlucky from whale bones to seahorses

Yeah...my daughter was collecting so that she could make those wind chimes.....I still have the sand dollars from about 10 years worth....in those under the bed plastic storage bins.....anybody need some sand dollars??? All nicely bleached.....:rofl:

Edit....can't figure out why I got some duplication of words...ad they don't show up when I try to edit....

Last edited: