Sandy Beach 1971

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
Grew up before sunscreen was a thing. Never used it or wore sunglasses. No problemos so far. Very grateful.
I grew up in Phoenix and southern California. At age 40, got squamous cell on my lip. Dr. said, "What's a 40 year old doing with this on their lip? I see this on 70-80 year old ranchers." Big operation completely through my lip, and then 20 years later came back, so had to do chemotherapy. Be careful with the sun- love it, but too much can be dangerous.

Tmecke

Please do. Our family has a long history in PP beginning in the late 50s. I have many photos to share. Unfortunately we did lose quite a few oldies in a house fire back in the mid 80s.

Tmecke

Awesome pics ! I do believe I might’ve been down during those years !
Looks like your playground back then was La Choya area, ours was Playa Hermosa and the old port area, 2 different worlds back then. I do remember few trips to JJs in the 90s though, thats about it for me.

Tmecke

I found some more photos a couple months ago, just need to scan them. We will be crossing the border Friday morning for an 8 day trip, just the 2 of us this time.