Sanitary barriers in other locations?

Roberto

Well Known Member
H friend just told me that Tucson is getting hammered by increases. He actually planned to go home there for the summer but decided in was safer here. Anybody know anything?

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
I’ve studied the Az public health website. One thing they are doing that is not helpful is that on their zip code map the highest density is 40+, and basically every urban zip code is 40+, and probably has been for weeks. Studying other representations of data, every urban area in the State looks bad, with large recent increases.

audsley

Well Known Member
Major problem with zip code data is that it gives number of infection cases but not number per capita within the zip code. Number of cases should correlate to the number of people living in the zip code. My zip code in Tucson covers a large area with relatively low population density and has 31 cases, which is very low compared to most of the other zip codes. But most of the zip codes with higher case numbers have far more people, so it's hard to compare relative safety. I keep asking employees at the store where I continue to go regularly - Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Safeway - if they know of any employees who have become infected. The answer is always no. I haven't heard of anyone - friend, friend of a friend, etc., who has been diagnosed with Covid. Until that changes, I'll consider myself safe in continuing to do what I've been doing in Tucson, which apparently is far more than I'd be allowed to do in Rocky Point.

joester

2 salty dawgs
our zipcode is just under 9 sq miles, so we're at over 30 per sq mile. Our hospital is Banner. We're home until Thursday, we'll take day trip north for about 4 hours of small creek trout fishing. One friend had the virus, sick at home for 3 weeks - said it was like a bad flu, she was lucky.

joester

2 salty dawgs
Bush Fire has hwy 87 closed from Bush Hwy to Payson, hoping the fire gets under control before it burns Tonto Basin. Also hoping the road opens up soon - want to go fishin!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Saw videos today on FB.
Bush Fire has hwy 87 closed from Bush Hwy to Payson, hoping the fire gets under control before it burns Tonto Basin. Also hoping the road opens up soon - want to go fishin!
What else can happen right now?! They have the rules at PLEZ so f'd up. Forcing everyone to use Pleasant Harbor which concentrates more people in one smaller area. Seems counter intuitive... So basically, no Rocky Point/Mexico, no Lake Pleasant, no Rim Lakes/Rim Camping... (unless you want to go I-17 to Camp Verde, East on 260).

There's not a lot to do to keep the mind healthy right now. This is starting to get OLD. The inconsistency on what and how things are being managed right now is extremely frustrating!

But hey, Old Town Scottsdale right now or at any of your favorite gyms YOU'RE GOOD TO GO but a one man kayak on one of AZ's biggest lakes??? Risky...

Last edited:

joester

2 salty dawgs
Hwy 87 still closed, looks like it will be for more than a few days right now. Hoping folks don't lose everything along 188 - Jakes corner thru Tonto Basin, Punkin Center, etc. Gisela is getting notice to leave.
Damn.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hwy 87 still closed, looks like it will be for more than a few days right now. Hoping folks don't lose everything along 188 - Jakes corner thru Tonto Basin, Punkin Center, etc. Gisela is getting notice to leave.
Damn.
Pretty rough... Apache just went through this last summer. How the hell does a vehicle catch on fire?!

Casablanca

Saw videos today on FB.

What else can happen right now?! They have the rules at PLEZ so f'd up. Forcing everyone to use Pleasant Harbor which concentrates more people in one smaller area. Seems counter intuitive... So basically, no Rocky Point/Mexico, no Lake Pleasant, no Rim Lakes/Rim Camping... (unless you want to go I-17 to Camp Verde, East on 260).

There's not a lot to do to keep the mind healthy right now. This is starting to get OLD. The inconsistency on what and how things are being managed right now is extremely frustrating!

But hey, Old Town Scottsdale right now or at any of your favorite gyms YOU'RE GOOD TO GO but a one man kayak on one of AZ's biggest lakes??? Risky...
Hahaha this is soooo true and so funny (even though it shouldn't be). This is like "it's safer to have sex than to hold hands!"