Santo Tomas Information

Roberto

I thought I read that the Aduana stop at Almajas was to be moved to closer to or past Caborca. Si or No. You should post some more info on Santo Thomas now that the topic's have changed. Inquiring minds want to know ya know.

Jerry, Santo Tomas looks like a real paradise to me. Your pictures are awesome. By the way, I love the house you built. Thank you for sharing them. I sure hope some day this year to go there. If I do we will contact you first. Is there any way to launch a boat that drafts 3 feet there. It is a sailboat. What would be the nearest boat launch, Puerto Penasco?

jerry

Thanks janet, i don't think it would be a problem to launch it if what I've heard about the work on the road up from the beach is true (i will know on the 2nd)
How big is the boat? my friend has a sailboat stored down there that you might be able to rent for day sailing and save the hassle while checking things out.

jerry

The were bringing in clay from the back and using the bulldozer to tamp it in....just a temp..mid term fix....the idea is to run a drive north 100 yards then down but my friend take their hobies and up to 22 foot boats down as it is.....you just have to be ready if it doesn't work....the tide issues would be more important i'd think.

The Costera map is from July, 2010. Curious what the 11/11 status of this road is. I have a hand drawn map by a fisherman in Kino. This shows a dirt road detour of about 5 miles heading south from a "puente grande." I'm told this as about 100 miles (kms sounds more like it) east of Penasco. Anyone have an update map? Anyone done a log?

jerry

Construction pictures from Santo Tomas....Only 10 guys working these days so you have to wait a bit but the guys that are still on the job are the best.Big houses,(the white Dwell style is really nice.The small under 150k place pictured is presold and the 2 remaining one br. condos( under 120k) are under construction and that is it...if you want to live down this way you just have to buy your lot (underground utilities and water you can drink from the tap included) and wait your turn.
2012-11-011.jpg

Last edited:

jerry

Nice collage of pics Jerry, I was just curious why you don't like garages and don't use spiral staircases.
Many of the houses have garages but i sort of think with limited amounts of money the idea of having the biggest room in your house being used by a car that will be there usually for 3-5 days at a time is a bad idea. I do like carports/Ramadas On the staircases and small houses it just takes up to much room when an outdoors one also gets you to the roof.

jerry

Drove to Puerto Libertad Yesterday...Man what motorcycle ride from RP it would be...225km to the beer store in Libertad! I talked with a PEI at the roadblock headed south to kino and he said the road was good...185km to Kino...it was old road but fixed up in that part.Cars and trucks were both headed south..today I took the ATV from Santo Tomas to desemboque (still a S hole) and wouldn't advise it with a 2wd atv....spooky sand in spots and the high ground is all torn up by panga fishermen....whole different story going North..a great atv ride or jeep at low tide
2012-11-033.jpg

playaperro

El Pirata
Many of the houses have garages but i sort of think with limited amounts of money the idea of having the biggest room in your house being used by a car that will be there usually for 3-5 days at a time is a bad idea. I do like carports/Ramadas On the staircases and small houses it just takes up to much room when an outdoors one also gets you to the roof.
Just a little garage for the seadoo's and the atv's MIllion Dollar Rooms: Paradise Valley, AZ (Craig Jackson Garage) - YouTube and the harley!

jerry

We were atving in the back looking for arrowheads and stopped by the big Cardon...note the hawk on it...
2012-11-05.jpg

MIRAMAR

Who puts their cars in the garage? I thought that was a large storage room for all the junk that doesn't fit in the house.

jerry

Friends at Santo Tomas this week report huge tides not seen like this for years.The beach now has a 4 foot drop in front of the path down the dunes we take t

o the beach.Calm seas that were strangely warm with some type of large fry as far as you could see being feasted on by a huge school of two to three feet long Yellowtail,sea lions and Hitchcock scale flocks of birds.....