Satellite Internet in Rocky Point

playaperro

El Pirata
Where do you wanted installed? Memo installs most satellite systems,also You can call seaside
house rentals on the main drag and they contract with an installer, Memo has the Free To Air
Sats.

JimMcG

The location is close to the new airport on the Caborca Rd. Do you have any contact information for Memo?
Thanks

trade

Just got back from PP if anyone is intrested here is Memos contact info, 011-521-638-105-0060 or in mexico 638-105-0060 we have used him in the past and were very satisfied.

C

comsat

Hello there:

BTW,Memo is not the only one in town who does satellite service.

He only knows about residential satellite systems for tv,as far as I know he doesn't have the knowledge or expertize for an internet satellite systems,like Starband,Huguesnet,Wildblue or I-Direct wich I'm 100% positive is one of the systems that you have and wanted to have install in Rocky Point.

Feel free to contact me if you need further assitance regarding Residential and Comercial Satellite Service,Wifi and Home Theater in Mexico.

Raul Alonso
(602)539-0617 US Number in Mexico
(638)384-2516 Mexican Cellphone

ernesto

I would love to have internet at my place but all the reviews I've seen say uploads suck. Anyone got a decent referral on this?

ernesto said:
I would love to have internet at my place but all the reviews I've seen say uploads suck. Anyone got a decent referral on this?
If you can get phone service, it's relatively inexpensive to get broadband internet from the company (TelMexl???). I believe it's around $60/month for the phone line and broadband. I'm tapping in to my next door neighbor's service off his router (using wifi), and it seems to be ok. I believe the service is 3 Mbps....I don't do much uploading when down there, but my recollection is that it's decent.

There is an American that lives down there that sells wifi service all along the Miramar, down to Los Conchas and even further. Don't know the costs.....

Estero

Jim did you ever get your satellite up and working? I have wildblue in the Estero area and would like to contact whomever you used to install your system. I did the original alignment of the wildblue dish but it is time to call in the experts. Memo apparently doesn't deal with the satellite internet dishes.

Thank you in advance. P.S. being a new member I could not PM you.

JimMcG

Jim did you ever get your satellite up and working? I have wildblue in the Estero area and would like to contact whomever you used to install your system. I did the original alignment of the wildblue dish but it is time to call in the experts. Memo apparently doesn't deal with the satellite internet dishes.

Thank you in advance. P.S. being a new member I could not PM you.
Memo was of no help to me either and left me with the impression that I was bothering them. My neighbor has Hughesnet satellite internet installed by someone from Prescott. Inspite of the bandwidth restrictions he is happy. Internet can also be achieved through ATT cellphone tethering, if you have the proper device and subsciption, where the blackberry or other capable device serves as a modem. I actually have purchased the Hughesnet system but am not down there often enough to justify the subscription and actually enjoy being semi out of touch with the rat race.

Terry C

I have SatNet out in Playa Encanto with a majicJack phone and I am reall pleased with it. Dave's signal goes all the way to Myan Palace too.

Terry C

Jim, yes, I think it was around 150 to 200 $ installed for the roof top antenna. His signal is on Whale hill and his web site states to contact him to check for service depending where you are located.