Saturday July 25

marybna

When we first start going down we could only go on Weekends, We would leave very early Mon so I could at least pick up phone call by 9. Now we go down on Sunday and come back on Thursday. My US phone works, I can fax and email. Right now I have to pick up voicemails and call back but in a few months I can have the US phone roll over to my unit at Bella. So I will work 2 hr in the am and 1 1/2 in the afternoon. But the border, when we got there Thursday at 11, one lane open and about 20 cars in line. It was about 45 mins. Why are they so understaffed? I go thru the checkpoint at Tubac all the time and they have border patrol people just standing around.

Estella

One of the border patrol agents told me they got intelligence report that cartel is increasing its smuggling operations there so the screening has to be more intense. Maybe it is BS but I see no reason to hold up the entry point

MIRAMAR

I see no reason to have just 3 lanes open on a Sunday in summer. The Mayan was packed so I'm sure the condos were as well

The lone agent when I went through on Saturday was not doing a whole lot of screening. He seemed to be just passing cars through after a cursory glance. It had to be 101 there and he looked beat.

Roberto

Last time I crossed into the US, March I think, the guy said he was working double shifts and sleeping in the office there cause they were so shorthanded.