Scorps on the beach

When you say out on the sand, do you mean by the beach, or behind the road?
On the beach side of your house in and around the bushes and succulents. The number of scorps drops as you get closer to the beach and across the beach trail the guards drive on. We have not ventured beyond 2-3 lots in in either direction of my house [I am the the fourth lot from the Mayan end of our hood] but I would use the infestation word to describe the scene. Still, with over 200 kills in 2 trips we are shocked. We intend to make a sweep from lot to lot to see what we find. I do think that as the nights cool we are unlikely to see so many.

The scorps have been there for decades . . . wlll feed on themselves and feed other critters for decades . . .without our help . . . . all is well. . . . .

Haven't got a blue light to check our grounds or beach, but have never seen one in our condo in 12 years nor any other owner say they have seen one. Now friends have them in house in las conchas.

The scorps have been there for decades . . . wlll feed on themselves and feed other critters for decades . . .without our help . . . . all is well. . . . .
Not well for me. I wondered if they were indigenous or brought in with construction materials. So interesting that in 20 years we never noticed them.

Not well for me. I wondered if they were indigenous or brought in with construction materials. So interesting that in 20 years we never noticed them.
They’re indigenous. Have always been there. Without a UV light at night no one is usually the wiser. That said, if they’re more prolific this year, it might just be what we call “The week / month /year of the _____” (Fill in the blank. Sometimes it’s mice. Sometimes it’s rattlers. Sometimes it’s ground squirrels. Sometimes it’s black widows . . . etc.) Same thing seems to happen along the shore. The week / month / year of whatever. Sometimes it’s sand dollars. Sometimes its (dead) sea lions. Sometimes its ducks. Also, don’t know if you have any around there, but I’ve heard that new construction will stir things up and cause a lot of scorpion traffic for awhile.

They’re indigenous. Have always been there. Without a UV light at night no one is usually the wiser. That said, if they’re more prolific this year, it might just be what we call “The week / month /year of the _____” (Fill in the blank. Sometimes it’s mice. Sometimes it’s rattlers. Sometimes it’s ground squirrels. Sometimes it’s black widows . . . etc.) Same thing seems to happen along the shore. The week / month / year of whatever. Sometimes it’s sand dollars. Sometimes its (dead) sea lions. Sometimes its ducks. Also, don’t know if you have any around there, but I’ve heard that new construction will stir things up and cause a lot of scorpion traffic for awhile.
Yes, construction gets everything moving. There must be a heck of a lot of food sources on the beach to support such a huge population. I’ve been studying up on scorps and some varieties can live for more than 10 years. When we end up nuking ourselves I’m sure the scorps and roaches will be left to inherit the leftovers.