Sea Trout to Brown Trout

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Well, unfortunately I didn't come down for the first weekend of the Derby due to the wind forecast so I decided to head up North to the Rim for the day and caught a couple of stout Trout. Here's a pic of the German Brown that I caught out of Tonto Creek. It was a little chilly so I'm ready to get the YAK back into the SOC for some Derby fun in a month. Till then, tight (Fly) lines!!!

RimCountry4Life

Well, unfortunately I didn't come down for the first weekend of the Derby due to the wind forecast so I decided to head up North to the Rim for the day and caught a couple of stout Trout. Here's a pic of the German Brown that I caught out of Tonto Creek. It was a little chilly so I'm ready to get the YAK back into the SOC for some Derby fun in a month. Till then, tight (Fly) lines!!!

RimCountry4Life
Nice! You didn't miss much as the forecast was accurate; wind was insane, chop was unpaddleable (I suppose that's relative, but think 4' and bigger chop). No Corvina, just bait fishing for Cochi's. Can't wait for May.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Joe you know you can yak in the lower salt river.

Rob, problem is that I'm handicap it pretty much makes it impossible to get into the river. I would have to find a spot that I could literally back the truck down to the water.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Nice! You didn't miss much as the forecast was accurate; wind was insane, chop was unpaddleable (I suppose that's relative, but think 4' and bigger chop). No Corvina, just bait fishing for Cochi's. Can't wait for May.

Good to hear. I've learned my lesson from ignoring or "hoping" that the wind report isn't accurate. When you're poor like me you can't be wasting money like that and come to RP for no reason. If I'm spending the little money I do have it has to be for a good reason. Hopefully the two weekends in May turn out to be ok.