Services in La Cholla

AZ ROB

I was asked by a friend to see if I can get some information on services for the area. They are looking at west of Comp hill on the south side of Cholla on the water. The question in on cell phone coverage, Internet providers, how often does the power go off. Any information would be great and I can forward along.

playaperro

El Pirata
Kind of primitive if you ask me, but i like to bathe once a day! No water, beach, beautiful view but after so many days it kind of loses it's appeal. Ruff getting in and out of cholla! So internet should be no problem.

There is electricity out there...but as far as I know, water is stil trucked in to tanks that the homes have.

The views from the Sea of Cortez side are fantastic!

gail

We're out on Pinto Point in Cholla. In the old days it was strictly lanterns, and generators came on in the evening so we could watch a movie. That's been many many years now...although I miss it sometimes. Today we have electricity and telephone and internet. We do still truck in the water but with electricity the water is pressurized (not gravity fed) so we have dishwashers and washing machines etc.. Most water tanks are probably 1000 gal and you order and they come deliver water right away. Not much real difference in day to day living than anywhere else. Its much more quiet than living at the condos. Fishing and snorkeling is great around the rocks; its where the dive boats bring their customers to snorkel. You can walk the back side of the Comp Hill to Sandy Beach if you want the pure sand beach or go to Cholla Bay for some clamming. Hmmm....Paradise...
-Gail

gail

Whats the average eletric bill in summer, and how much does it cost for water, internet/tv?

We're never there in the summer, it's hardly anything the rest of the year. Same company all over RP, maybe someone else on here would know.

We pay $34 for 1100 gallon fill up on water. I think we kinda get hosed because our neighbors with really giant tanks I think pay a fraction of that.

Terry C

We were $ 113.00 pesos for two months in Playa Encanto. Of course we have no 220 volt stuff. All is propane, water heater, stove/oven. Maybe next year we will get A/C in. We could extend our stay both ways by two months during the season.

We average $80-90 per year for electric (we are there about 40 days per year, 15-20 when some A/C is needed).
Propane is $20 per year, we have a propane stove and water heater.
It costs $28 to fill 4 water tanks, 1160 gallons. 4 tanks last us 5 days when whole family 6-8 of us are down. Probably spend $120 on water per year.
There is Wi-Fi available at JJ's cantina, The fry shack at the OBSC and I believe Xochilles cafe.
Cell phone service, I have 4 bars using T-Mobile Int. roaming on Pinto Pt.