Shell Beach

If you have the ability to get to the beaches across Cholla bay you can find a variety of shells.
We take our beach cars and quads around the backside of the estuaries and golf course. Get around the golf course and get back to the beach but aside from that wait for the tide to go out in cholla and cruise the flats.
The beaches closer to PP and Sandy beach are to hard on shells to find many intact, and so many people normally combing Sandy beach area that if something good pops up there is someone already picking it up. Lol.
Good luck.

We used to ride to a small estuary north of Cholla about five miles. The shells were 5-7 feet deep in piles when the estuary ran out and made a river. I'll never forget it.

We used to ride to a small estuary north of Cholla about five miles. The shells were 5-7 feet deep in piles when the estuary ran out and made a river. I'll never forget it.
Yes. I have video of us driving through those areas. You can even hear the difference over the engines. Shells everywhere, sounds like driving on ....shells.
There are some desalination pipes over there and there are banks of shells built up by them. You can take the paved road along the golf course to some dirt roads that will take you out there. You will see old metal tanks etc. You will know you are close. Always use the paths that seem to be heading towards the water not the mountains and you should be fine.