Shootout in Caborca & Puerto Lobos

Parrothead Pescador

Does anyone have good info on the shootout/arson which happened in Caborca and Puerto Lobos yesterday? I’m planning on heading down to pick up a friend in La Griega this evening, then spend the night in Lobos before fishing Sunday.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Saw some video purported to be of the event. Looked like a massacre, no weapons. Shot elsewhere and dumped there. Tubutama was definitely a shoot out . Bodies, guns, shells strewn everywhere along the road for miles. the state police were quivering a few miles down the road. I wonder if the two events Lobos and there are related. guess I'm not goin to Kino soon.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Does anyone have good info on the shootout/arson which happened in Caborca and Puerto Lobos yesterday? I’m planning on heading down to pick up a friend in La Griega this evening, then spend the night in Lobos before fishing Sunday.
If that report has any truth wait a week..

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Updated: Sun; The video was removed but still has some gory pic's Here's a link to the FB posting..

Last edited:

audsley

Well Known Member
One of my friends was down there this weekend and is driving back now as I type. He heard the first shots and hunkered down with a family of locals. Now there's army and police all over NW Sonora. He saw one Black Hawk helicopter. This basically confirms much of what was on Ariete. Question now is whether the war is over for a while or if it will break out again.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
From what I'm reading this is just getting started after Ivan's capture/ release back in October. Apparently there's now some splintering happening between Federation Sinaloa.

playaperro

El Pirata
You are BALLSY to go to Y Griega right now! That place gives me the creeps and I only had to stop for gas!
They really don't report but second hand info is good enough for most of us, they did shoot up cara de cochi house while his wife was having a get together there with 20 people inside, he was not home, never heard of the guy but the search goes on, they are patrolling area so I guess it's safe to go over there in a gated community.

Parrothead Pescador

You are BALLSY to go to Y Griega right now! That place gives me the creeps and I only had to stop for gas!
Made it to Y Griega and hung out for 50 minutes waiting for Amigo to arrive via Albotros bus. Heavy traffic and lots of folks out and about with heavy police presence. Saw one burned truck on the road. Cancelled trip to Lobos and arrived safely home to Playa Miramar before 9PM. Whacked six small grouper out front for dad’s day!2CE2CF63-63C6-4D4E-9014-3462F7F5D8C1.jpeg

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Made it to Y Griega and hung out for 50 minutes waiting for Amigo to arrive via Albotros bus. Heavy traffic and lots of folks out and about with heavy police presence. Saw one burned truck on the road. Cancelled trip to Lobos and arrived safely home to Playa Miramar before 9PM. Whacked six small grouper out front for dad’s day!View attachment 16997
Nice little Gulf there. Jealous!

brokenwave

Well Known Member
More info on the shoot out, it appears to have happened on Highway 2 between Sonoyta and Caborca.
In the area of KM 115 about 25-30 miles north of Caborca.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Made it to Y Griega and hung out for 50 minutes waiting for Amigo to arrive via Albotros bus. Heavy traffic and lots of folks out and about with heavy police presence. Saw one burned truck on the road. Cancelled trip to Lobos and arrived safely home to Playa Miramar before 9PM. Whacked six small grouper out front for dad’s day!View attachment 16997
That's awesome, good for you !

Roberto

Well Known Member
More info on the shoot out, it appears to have happened on Highway 2 between Sonoyta and Caborca.
In the area of KM 115 about 25-30 miles north of Caborca.
No blood, no guns, no spent carts. bodies all akimbo in sort of a pile. They were shot elsewhere and dumped there on the highway for public admiration and warning to someone.