Shore fishing by Playa Bonita Resort

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
The very end of Cholla Bay... Pelican Point. There is a reef there you can cast to that always holds fish.

Will be there fishing Friday-Sunday in Las Conchas. Supposed to be a good estuary within walking distance. Also chartered a 44 foot boat for the day Saturday going for big grouper. Looking for a few more folks to join us. Give me a shout if you have any interest. 516-425-4542 Frank. First time going there to fish but have heard its pretty decent.

Roberto

If you are in section 9 or at Tessoro it's a short walk. Other wise could be 5 miles !! You can drive out and park near Tessoro (( the high rise at the end of the peninsula) and just walk down the dune to the estuary. Go when the tide is going in. You will want to be at the entrance which is at Tessoro and not back in the estuary. It's large but shallow.

SunDevil

check out Arturo's diving and fishing on Facebook. he is down in Lobos but well worth the trip. they have consistently been catching large rooster fish the last 3 weeks.

If you are in section 9 or at Tessoro it's a short walk. Other wise could be 5 miles !! You can drive out and park near Tessoro (( the high rise at the end of the peninsula) and just walk down the dune to the estuary. Go when the tide is going in. You will want to be at the entrance which is at Tessoro and not back in the estuary. It's large but shallow.
We are in section 9...What would you recommend for fishing there? Bringing lots of topwater lures and spoons. What about bait? Thanks for any tips!!!

estevan

We are in section 9...What would you recommend for fishing there? Bringing lots of topwater lures and spoons. What about bait? Thanks for any tips!!!
Silver Kastmasters and Krocodile Spoons work well from shore. You can also use squid on the bottom with a weight. I bought a 10' surf rod last year that works well.
I recommend taking a casting rod on the charter Saturday. They will set you up with gear for bottom fishing, but they might not have anything to throw at the yellowtail and dorado you're likely to see under the boat. I took a spinning rod with 20 lb mono last time and caught a few dorado that showed up under the boat. Heavy spoons or irons will work. If you have some live bait, that's best. You can also chum the water with bait chunks and just use a hook with some bait and no weight. What boat did you charter?

Silver Kastmasters and Krocodile Spoons work well from shore. You can also use squid on the bottom with a weight. I bought a 10' surf rod last year that works well.
I recommend taking a casting rod on the charter Saturday. They will set you up with gear for bottom fishing, but they might not have anything to throw at the yellowtail and dorado you're likely to see under the boat. I took a spinning rod with 20 lb mono last time and caught a few dorado that showed up under the boat. Heavy spoons or irons will work. If you have some live bait, that's best. You can also chum the water with bait chunks and just use a hook with some bait and no weight. What boat did you charter?
We are fishing the Cabello Del Mar. Its a 44 foot boat...3 of us got the full day trip. Decent boat?

Bedwetter

Will be there fishing Friday-Sunday in Las Conchas. Supposed to be a good estuary within walking distance. Also chartered a 44 foot boat for the day Saturday going for big grouper. Looking for a few more folks to join us. Give me a shout if you have any interest. 516-425-4542 Frank. First time going there to fish but have heard its pretty decent.
Sorry Frank just saw your post. Had so so luck at Pelican & Pinto points catching Rock Bass and Trigger. We had tons of these silver long white fish jumping all around us but never caught a single one. How much did you pay for your boat? Any luck?

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Sorry Frank just saw your post. Had so so luck at Pelican & Pinto points catching Rock Bass and Trigger. We had tons of these silver long white fish jumping all around us but never caught a single one. How much did you pay for your boat? Any luck?
Mullet