shore fishing was a blast!

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
Was down from thurs till this tuesday and caught a mess of fish between about 4 of us. On Monday around noon we caught 3 corvinas with the one in my pic being the largest. caught a variety of fish this trip and tried night fishing for the first time and caught the shovelnose guitarfish, what looked to be a bonefish, and a similar looking bonefish but it had a single barbel under its mouth not sure what it was. did a bit of kayak fishing and caught a trigger on a lure along with a few good rock bass. high tide seemed to bring the most action. we had a guy bring some frozen mackeral down and we were also using squid and cut up rock bass as bait when we werent fishing with lures.

DSCF2990.jpgDSCF3012.jpg

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Was down from thurs till this tuesday and caught a mess of fish between about 4 of us. On Monday around noon we caught 3 corvinas with the one in my pic being the largest. caught a variety of fish this trip and tried night fishing for the first time and caught the shovelnose guitarfish, what looked to be a bonefish, and a similar looking bonefish but it had a single barbel under its mouth not sure what it was. did a bit of kayak fishing and caught a trigger on a lure along with a few good rock bass. high tide seemed to bring the most action. we had a guy bring some frozen mackeral down and we were also using squid and cut up rock bass as bait when we werent fishing with lures.

View attachment 3201View attachment 3202
Nice Corvina mate!

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
we had a rock bass swallow one of the kids hooks so we cut it up as bait which yielded me a small corvina and then the large one. man that corvina peeled off a few runs with my drag almost set all the way. best fight in awhile! FYI it tasted awesome

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
ya theres a good amount of those bullseye puffers out there. im still trying to catch a flounder i know they are there i see them and have seen a few get caught but i cant seem to get lucky. i got a few white bucktail jigs to throw into the sand but only yielded me rock bass.