shore slam

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
anyone got any ideas of what fish a shore slam would consist of in RP? Id like to think 3 or 4 fish..any other thoughts?

Rock bass
Trigger
Flounder
Corvina

would be cool to get something like that trending or just an overall achievement. the RP Shore SLAM. Also might require drinking a good amount of beer during the process as well : )

jmcdtucson

Well Known Member
I've caught all but the Bonefish, though not all from shore - corvina, flounder, trigger and rock bass only from kayak.
But you could catch any of those from shore.

http://www.mexfish.com/fish/pacpomp/pacpomp.htm

You might add Pompano - or whatever that aerodynamic fish that looks like a pompano. I prefer not to catch puffers (or rock bass for that matter).

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
so we are looking at quite the list already....weve caught a few of the bullseye puffers just bottom fishing not by choice. should the shore slam be referred to by catching them all within a certain period of time? I was thinking more along the lines of catching a certain list of fish in one day/outing to complete the shore slam. Im up for it being either way. what do you all think? im sure the list could go on and on...

ckyevanjay

Well Known Member
thats more along the lines what i was thinking!

sounds pretty freakin tough which i like! Never even seen a bonefish during the day....

Shore_Fisher

I catch bonefish at La Pinta on bottom-fished shrimp. Once the tide is up so far that I'm fishing over the sand, then that is more or less all you can catch, as they jump on it so quick. Must have caught a dozen or more of the things (In the daytime) on my last summer trip (July).

bonefish.jpg

Kenny

Well Known Member
Up in the north end of La Pinta their thick in June, but so are the Ray's, so don't forget to shuffle. Fresh Squid will work just fine too. I catch the biggest one's at Marua, though there's not as many.

Kenny

Well Known Member
There are times when they show up outside of Cholla bay when looking for bait, and you can imagine how good a live swimming chrome lure is for Grouper.