Short cut in Sonoita

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Any one remember the bridge that got washed out several years ago. Great short cut to avoid the town. Well the bridge is now rebuilt, in excellent condition, with lights and they have even graded the water bed to allow the water flow below it less likely to rise and go over the new bridge. I hate to say it but it is quite a good looking bridge. Amazing what you discover when you can't travel down to RP for months on end.
The summer that happened was because they were letting water out of damn upriver I believe somewhere on Tohono Oodem land. Also believe that was the summer that we had a real active monsoon. Took a girl that I dated for a couple of months down in late August or first week of September and when we went to go home at 8am we drove all the way to the border, couldn't get by on that secondary route and because they were in the middle of construction on main bridge we had to turn around and go all the way back to RP. Girl didn't want to stay another night so we returned LA COSTERA via San Luis. Hour wait there which is normal for San Luis and then on to Yuma, Phx. All in all, we got back to Scottsdale at 750pm at night. 12 hour one way trip.... Never again. Coastal highway was fun though...

Buffalo Marty

Well Known Member
Took a girl that I dated for a couple of months down in late August or first week of September and when we went to go home at 8am we drove all the way to the border, couldn't get by on that secondary route and because they were in the middle of construction on main bridge we had to turn around and go all the way back to RP
Brings back memories, Joe... got married in PP during that exact time period, August 25, 2012. Family was there from the 23rd to the 27th and I remember the flooding, thank God we made it there and back, it would have been an absolute nightmare had we not been able to make it through. And I remember learning it did in fact become impassable just a few days after we were there...

InkaRoads

cronopiador
somethings will never change, all these years and the nasty shortcut that leads to nowhere!!!! don't you love Mexican drivers!!!!!

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe!!!! how you doing, I see still being yourself upfront and personal, LOVE your avatar!!!!
Up, down, left, right. My life's a roller coaster but I'm still here. Yea, I'll pry never be able to kick the "being myself" thing. I'm in too deep at this point. Yea that avatar is pretty hot right? How's the wife? Tell her I said hi. I'd say maybe see you again one of these times at Tekila Bar but we never go out anymore. Parking is impossible in the Malecon unless you park seven streets over and walk in but you know that's not really possible for me...

My girlfriend wanted to go down this weekend with a free stay at Bella Sirena and I turned it down. Not sure I've ever turned down a free stay in RP but that's how uncertain I feel traveling there right now. Not really trying to pay all these "white people" fines. My mask wasn't in the correct orientation, I didn't stop at the none existent stop sign, my speed is too slow... "amigo" no puede manajer asi amigo.... too slow. That will be $100. You swam in the wrong part of the ocean that will be a $50, being sprayed 12 times coming in and out of Cholla Bay.... I told Kiko to stop fucking around and I have money to burn but he didn't believe me and wants to keep playing games. Plus, how long until the whole town catches complete fire????

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I stop going to the Malecon decades ago, like mingling with the locals more, better service, prices and friendlier all the way around, and luckily I have not traveled the road to Sonoyta in ages. my wife is going thru menopause right now, feels like for years still loving her like the first day I laid eyes on her though, she says HI!!! back at you and most definitely we need to get together one of these days in RP and have a BBQ on the beach. and do'nt change just cuidate!!