short-cut road in sonoyta

I know Stuart has addressed this issue before, but please refresh my memory. The road after crossing the border basically ends ("Y" intersection) and you have to go left or right. Most people go left. I know if you go right and make, I believe, the first left, it comes out by the grocery store. Is this correct? If so, is this an easy (or easier) way to go? (ie: no school kids or crossings, fewer cars and pedestrians, straight shot through?).

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
It's easier in the sense of less traffic and it's not as narrow, and not as many stop signs. Especially useful if you're towing or have a large vehicle. Yes, it comes out by the Arizona Market, which you would pass on your right just past the topes if you followed the signs and went the main drag.

There is a new Pemex tucked back in there now, too, and it's not as crowded as the Circle K Pemex.

On edit - YES! As the other posters say - Come over the border, at the Circle K, stay to your left, go over the bridge, then make the right at the end of the strip mall just after the bridge. That is the "official" shortcut and they often route traffic that way when things get backed up at the border, rather than clogging up the main drag through town. I sort of assumed you knew to go past the bridge. Maybe you don't know that part.

If you take the right of the Y at the Circle K, it's a long trip to nowhere. Geez, I hear San Luis is nice this time of year! :lol:

playaperro

El Pirata
I go left at the y, cross the brige and hang a right at the end of the strip mall there, at the end the of this road you will pass a new gas station,
make sure you stop at the stop sign. the cops are on the main street and
look to see if you stop.

E

El Feo

I know if you go right and make, I believe, the first left, it comes out by the grocery store.

No, as Stuart posted, you will go LEFT at the Y, cross the bridge over the Rio, then take the next RIGHT. If you go right at the Y you will end up in San Luis :eek3:

toetrx

You can actually turn right before the circle k at the bottom of the hill and go on the back side of the circle k. When you come to the stop sign, go straight across the road and it will take you down in a dry river or creek bed. When you get to the other side you will come to the top of the hill and another stop sign. Turn right and this road will take you past the Arizona Market, turn right to RP in 50 minutes.

But if you take the short cut you miss the great tacos at the trailer in front of the liquor store!!
Just can't do that.

dmcauley

The real shortcut is to take a right at the y and then the first left. This brings you to the same rd as the Pemex in less time

J

Jamie75

toetrx said:
You can actually turn right before the circle k at the bottom of the hill and go on the back side of the circle k. When you come to the stop sign, go straight across the road and it will take you down in a dry river or creek bed. When you get to the other side you will come to the top of the hill and another stop sign. Turn right and this road will take you past the Arizona Market, turn right to RP in 50 minutes.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.................................

When asked always have them go the Y, then left then right on Septiembre de whatever! This secret is not for telling!! ;)