Show of Force at the Old Bull Ring

Old55

Sonoyta this morning heading north maybe 35 heavily armed Mexican troops with maching guns on turreted trucks topped with Camo sand bags. a heavily armed police agency did the searches…..serious guys……they also had the shortcut blocked that goes by the Pemex…..
I saw this and think this was the unit.
“Personnel of the Mexican Army up to the State of Sonora in support of this Territorial Command.
Nogales, Son.- The Secretary of National Defense, through the Commandments of the II Military Region and 45/a. Military Zone, informs that, within the framework of the National Strategy of Public Security and the Zero Impunity Policy of the Federal Government, on February 5 this year, members of the Mexican Army arrive in the State of Sonora in support of this Territorial Command.
Elements of the 17th. R.C.M. (Constitution City, B.C.) arrive in the state of Sonora to reinforce operational activities carried out within the framework of the "National Peace and Security Strategy 2018-2024" and in Application of the Federal Firearms and Explosives Law, as well as the "Combat Narcomenudeo".
With these effective statements seeks to inhibit the criminal activities of antagonistic groups that carry out in the State of Sonora, having as the main mission the reduction and containment of Homicides Linked to Organized Crime through recognitions, establishment of Security Military Posts and attention to complaints by citizenship.
In this way, the Mexican Army reaffirms the undeniable decision of the Federal Government to detect the activities of organized crime, meeting the needs that society demands; furthermore, reaffirms its commitment to guard and safeguard the well-being, peace and security of citizens.

surfcaster

Tom the Surfcaster
Through all this Ernesto the people of Caborca still are pretty upbeat.It is a huge sports town…all kinds and they always have some kind of event going on…..we provide the guns and the customers for this shit show .
I have spent time in Caborca within weeks of one of these events, people have always been chill. If I didn't follow news, socials, and this board I would have never had any idea shit was going down there. Likewise, the local news here in the Valley of the Guns seems infinitely scarier than the world I live in. The vast majority of local violence is home grown by the way.

ernesto

There is no local news there. Journalists have a tendency to have misfortunes and evaporate in Mexico. Intimidation at it's finest. Whatever happened to the investigation of the death of the lady in Encanto just before christmas?

audsley

Not to change the subject, but was that place you pass shortly after leaving Sonoyta a bull ring at one time? I'd assumed it was for rodeos.

Ugh. I'm going to pretend that it was baseball. (Yeah, looks like things have been bubbling up in Sonoyta as of late, as happens every so often.)

playaperro

El Pirata
It was a m multi use place especially on Sunday afternoon’s when they always had bands playing most of the day.

Old55

It was a m multi use place especially on Sunday afternoon’s when they always had bands playing most of the day.
scary out there.A guy headed south was robbed of 600 buck by fake State Police a few days ago……they had taken control of the booths…..had uniforms and gear…
IMG_7021.jpeg

Old55

4 Sicarios wearing Tactical gear were found dead just off the road south of the ring yesterday in 2 new bullet riddled pickup trucks . It happened on Monday.

ernesto

Penasco is lucky there is scant coverage of these events down there. If we knew what they know Penasco would be a ghost town.