Shrimp

A

atjsutkris

Are the shrimp venders still at the Malacon? If not where do we go to get shrimp??

Roberto

Fish markets are open in the Malecon. I get mine at Mary's, next to the restaurant. Always fresh because it does not lay in the coolers a long time. The restaurant uses a lot of shrimp and Pancho brings it over as needed.

mondone

Whitecaps
I always buy from Federico. I have for about 15 years now. He moved from Malecon to location on Constitucion, 1 or 2 blocks east of Juarez a couple years ago. Many locals go to him. Fair prices, no phoney scales, and no hassle going to the Malecon. Once you become a good customer, he will sometimes throw in a few extra items at no charge.​

Valerie

I'm so glad I popped in here to read about shrimp. We will be in RP tomorrow and also have bought our shrimp from Federico for over 15 years. He was a good friend of our now-deceased friend who nearly lived in RP...Jim Vincent. Thanks for the heads up on his new location. I am also wondering about the Malecon vendors who had the stalls at the end of the row of restaurants on the water side...are those stalls still there? We have been buying from Emilio for over 15 years...he was a beach vendor before he and his wife opened the stall.

Emilio is still on the beach. Their stall is up and running again after the completion of the construction.

Sunshine

audsley

I too used to buy from Frederico and was never dissatisfied. I knew he had sold out but wasn't aware he had opened a new place.

playaperro

El Pirata
Hola Gata, Frederico is 2 blocks east of pollo lucas in the middle of the block next to a guy that fixes and sells appliances. broken washer dryer anyone...

A

atjsutkris

We always got ours from Pancho but last yr someone else was running his stand while we were there and I was not satisfied at all. Does anyone no if Pancho is back at the Malacon. If not I will try one of the people posted here. Please any response is appreciated