Sleeping Beauty

Kenny

You know what they say about letting sleeping dogs lay, well I guess that go's for Sea Lions too!
Where were you at when you picked up the hitch hiker Mark?

Kenny

Kenny she was sleeping on the swim platform of the Amilia Rose this morning before we went out...
Was she still sleeping when you fired it up? I can here a engine on the video. What happened, what did she do after she woke up. I I guess I should say, after you woke her up.LOL

Mark...there used to be 2 or 3 sea lions that hung around inside the harbor all the time (about 2-3 years ago)....are some back?

BTW...how high can you count with the fingers on your hand?

Was she still sleeping when you fired it up? I can here a engine on the video. What happened, what did she do after she woke up. I I guess I should say, after you woke her up.LOL
Kenny... those engines you hear are the About Time the boat that we went out on... she would wake up bark at me and go back to sleep... when we came back from catching a couple of fish she was still sleeping in the same spot... I offered her a rock bass that we had left over in the bait tank and she barked at me again and slid into the water but imeadiately climbed back onto the swim platform of Larry Large's Amilia Rose... it is easier to get on because it is closer to water than the docks...

This is the same female that was at Safe Marine a couple of weeks ago...

[video=facebook;408674733362]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=408674733362[/video]

Mark...there used to be 2 or 3 sea lions that hung around inside the harbor all the time (about 2-3 years ago)....are some back?

BTW...how high can you count with the fingers on your hand?
Joe there used to be a big old bull I called BOB that used to hang out in the port when the seas got big, and I knew when he was around the port would be closed for a couple of day... and I still can count to 10... 20 if I use my toes...

here's BOB...

[video=facebook;141059883362]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=141059883362[/video]

Mark...I don't remember the old bull in the harbor...there were a couple of younger ones I used to see.

One year there was a huge bull that was hanging out just offshore when the shrimp boats were anchored in the evening. You could hear him at night. My daughter was swimming off Playa Bonita with a friend, and the bull was swimming along the beach...maybe 60 ft. from where they were....the other dad came charging down the beach thinking it was a shark!!!! We had a good chuckle later....

Joe there used to be a big old bull I called BOB that used to hang out in the port when the seas got big, and I knew when he was around the port would be closed for a couple of day... and I still can count to 10... 20 if I use my toes...

here's BOB...

[video=facebook;141059883362]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=141059883362[/video]
Mark...I wanna see you do that with the old "dogfish" in the aquarium......I bet you don't have 10 fingers left then!!!:rofl:

mis2810

You fed him some of your fingers??? :rofl:Now who gave him that name?
No - I thought he was pretty gentle actually! He waiting patiently for his fish. Some lady next to me kept calling him Arthur so I thought that was him name! :lol: He even let me pet him on the head a few times. Maybe I was a sea lion in a past life - LOL!

DSCF0020..jpg

Last edited:
You've got the sea lion in the aquarium mixed up with the "dogfish" that they have in the tank near the entrance.....the "perro pargo".....it's nasty old bugger....if it's still the same one, it's been there for several years...growing older and nastier.....probably from all the people teasing it. I've seen it almost jump out of the tank, splashing anyone around.

mis2810 I think rockyptjoe was refering to the Perro Pargo a.k.a. Dog Snapper (fish) not Arturo the bull sea lion that is at the Accuario Cet Mar... these fish have teeth like a dog and are very aggressive... I do have video of several of them... as I would be shooting video of one in front of me I needed to keep a watch for the others that would make charging advances toward me flashing their big teeth...

mis2810

Oooops! Sorry for the confusion. I guess I didn't see the Perro Pargo, or maybe I did but didn't realize how nasty he is. Thanks for setting me straight.

Mark....California already has that distinction!!!!

I heard from someone (AZbeachboy???) that the aquarium had put some wire mesh over the tank....maybe they were afraid it would finally clear the tank????

playaperro

El Pirata
You guys talking bad about that poor fish that cannot come on the forum and defend itself, unlike others on here...