Some help please.....

Have not crossed the border since last Oct. Can you please update me on any food problems crossing? I read the forum every day. Need to know if they are stopping people more often and what is allowed, please.
Thanks
Sunshine

mis2810

It's all going to depend on whether you get the red light or not. Yes, they can still pull you over if you get the green, but I don't believe that happens very often. If you get the red light they will most likely check your cooler. If you're bringing things on the "no" list, I suggest you bury them underneath ice, or in your luggage. Even if that means having to pull over somewhere else and put them back in the cooler. I don't bring food with me, I like buying my food down there. But I do understand that there are people with food allergies who don't have the option. If that's not your case, then save yourself the worry and just buy food down there. It tastes better and you're helping the local economy.

As far as banned food, when I go down I always put any meats, (I can't buy in RP) in zip lock bags and put them all together in a plastic grocery
bag placed on top of the ice in the ice chest.
About 5 minutes before crossing into Mexico I remove it from the ice chest and hide it with some sheets and blankets or under the seat.
After passing thru Sonoyta, it goes back into the ice chest.