Sonoita (AZ) safety warning

Landshark

Then add Jerry's story to the mix "A police raid in RP a week or so ago found a grenade launcher and multiple grenades after a tip." Add it all together and it could be a real big problem.

jerry

I gave a group of Chinese (3..man,woman,sketchy looking 3 year old) a ride from Tubutama to Caborca a while back...giving up after many attempts nod headed on a bus to a resort job in Huatolco where ever that is...

jerry

I think RP would be a great played for Syrian refugees....Carlos Slim came from the Middle East,plenty of pigeon coops to roost in,two nations of more gracious people can not be found on the planet,they both are used to being ruled by a corrupt elite with associated paramilitary groups chopping heads off right and left...it will feel like home to them... .....think of the great food too....

TICO-T

I think RP would be a great played for Syrian refugees....Carlos Slim came from the Middle East,plenty of pigeon coops to roost in,two nations of more gracious people can not be found on the planet,they both are used to being ruled by a corrupt elite with associated paramilitary groups chopping heads off right and left...it will feel like home to them... .....think of the great food too....
Carlos Slim was born in Mexico City. His parents were immigrants from Lebanon. Glad I could clear that up.

mis2810

It was in Spanish on one of the Sonoyta Facebook pages. I'll see if I can find it.

Update: I can't find where I read - I found it a little odd at the time. It was at least a week to 10 days before the Paris attacks. I should have posted it.

Last edited:
This morning on KVOA they were talking about Middle Eastern Illegal Sonoran Desert border crossers and I searched their site for the exact #'s and to make sure I was hearing correctly, when I'm feeling better I may call or email for the statistics. They were saying it's not as uncommon as we think basically, last year I thought I caught them sayimg there were over or around 350 caught. They broke down from what countries too. Now it's probably being brought more to light and more alarming due to the aweful Paris attacks

ben21

Offer $10,000 reward for each Middle Eastern turned in. I'm sure that's more than they're giving the Coyotes. Money talks in Mexico.

TICO-T

Actually there was no Lebanon or Syria at the time.The area was called the Ottoman Empire.
Just Google Carlos Slim and it will tell you Carlos Slim was born in Mexico City and his parents were from Lebanon. How did Syria get into the discussion?

Makes sense they would cross here. Many experienced "guides" to hire that know all the tricks.
Good thing at least in one of the instances last week, they caught the 2 coyotes also.
There is a rancher on the same news program I was watching who was saying they find Quarans in the desert and prayer rugs frequently.

jerry

at one time in 2007 had 300 people a night going past my ranch at night in the wash...now maybe 10 a week if that...never found a Koran but living under rule by a religious elite ( mostly Mormon) and tea turds on disability I think we need less religious Americans ready to put a boot on our necjs

Just to bring a little balance to this already-sidetracked thread, illegal immigrants, specifically non-Mexican, have been caught crossing the U.S. southern border at an alarming rate according to recent Border Patrol statistics. With nearly 5,000 unaccompanied children caught in October and almost 3,000 caught in the first half of November, The Washington Times reports that it signals how smuggling cartels and would-be illegal immigrants are paying close attention to the careless border enforcement in the U.S

Last edited:
at one time in 2007 had 300 people a night going past my ranch at night in the wash...now maybe 10 a week if that...never found a Koran but living under rule by a religious elite ( mostly Mormon) and tea turds on disability I think we need less religious Americans ready to put a boot on our necjs

Is that a joke or are you serious?