Sonoran Sky 3/20

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Got back down last weekend for my girlfriend's second career trip. Drove at night both ways with no hassle whatsoever. Arrived in town near 11pm on Friday. I knew some friends in town so we got to hang out at Sonoran Sky the whole weekend. I really like that resort. Definitely smaller, more quaint, more family. Hung out with old friends and met some new ones. Ashley had this little cutie flurting with her at the bar. He was all of 1.5 years old. Got to float around on a stand up paddle board for the first time and now I think that might be my next purchase. I can easily see how you would be able to fish off of it no problem with way less hassle. Quick trips or trips with friends, no problem throw the SUP in the truck instead of the yak. Had a good dinner as usual at Capones on Saturday. Detour so we didnt go into the Malecon. Went to Cholla Bay to see if MR FISH was open.... NOPE!!!! F#CK that was depressing. Basically aside from hanging out on the beach for two days with friends we didnt do anything. I almost enjoyed that more... JK back to running amuck around town till 3am and fishing during the day. Left Rocky Point at 920pm on Sunday and got back to my place in central PHX exactly at 1am. Easiest border crossing in 8 years possibly. Guy took 7 seconds and said have a good evening... All in all great trip and OBV Ashley can't wait to go back.... ooo the power of RP!

Also, Thanks to Roberto for helping a forum member out with an excellent spread in town for me to rest my head at night. Once again, FORUM For The Win (FTW) !!

Trip observations:

Pretty decent showing from the 18-20 crowd. Lot of UofA kids in town. First time in a long while where I actually saw groups of girls by themselves and not with guys. Groups of 4 or 5's at the resort. When a group of five 20 year old girls comes down to RP by themselves to me that says something about CONSUMER CONFIDENCE and it seems to me its returning/ rising....

CHOLLABAY4LIFE

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
I forgot to mention that I met JUNGLE JIM... shout out to JJ he wants back. I told him banned camp only last for 2 weeks... cool guy Nice to have met you Jim.

rplarry

Got back down last weekend for my girlfriend's second career trip. Drove at night both ways with no hassle whatsoever. Arrived in town near 11pm on Friday. I knew some friends in town so we got to hang out at Sonoran Sky the whole weekend. I really like that resort. Definitely smaller, more quaint, more family. Hung out with old friends and met some new ones. Ashley had this little cutie flurting with her at the bar. He was all of 1.5 years old. Got to float around on a stand up paddle board for the first time and now I think that might be my next purchase. I can easily see how you would be able to fish off of it no problem with way less hassle. Quick trips or trips with friends, no problem throw the SUP in the truck instead of the yak. Had a good dinner as usual at Capones on Saturday. Detour so we didnt go into the Malecon. Went to Cholla Bay to see if MR FISH was open.... NOPE!!!! F#CK that was depressing. Basically aside from hanging out on the beach for two days with friends we didnt do anything. I almost enjoyed that more... JK back to running amuck around town till 3am and fishing during the day. Left Rocky Point at 920pm on Sunday and got back to my place in central PHX exactly at 1am. Easiest border crossing in 8 years possibly. Guy took 7 seconds and said have a good evening... All in all great trip and OBV Ashley can't wait to go back.... ooo the power of RP!

Also, Thanks to Roberto for helping a forum member out with an excellent spread in town for me to rest my head at night. Once again, FORUM For The Win (FTW) !!

Trip observations:

Pretty decent showing from the 18-20 crowd. Lot of UofA kids in town. First time in a long while where I actually saw groups of girls by themselves and not with guys. Groups of 4 or 5's at the resort. When a group of five 20 year old girls comes down to RP by themselves to me that says something about CONSUMER CONFIDENCE and it seems to me its returning/ rising....

Sounds like an great trip Joe. Cool photos.

I'm guessing your lady is starting to get the RP bug like yourself ?

Sweet lid BTW....

Gooooooo Devils !

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hey Joe is that a stogie in your hand? What kind do you smoke? GD

Not really sure Gary, my buddy is the aficionado. I say, "when in Rome" as I usually don't smoke Cigars. Never a cigarette in my life... now the good stuff??... that's a different story.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Sounds like an great trip Joe. Cool photos.

I'm guessing your lady is starting to get the RP bug like yourself ?

Sweet lid BTW....

Gooooooo Devils !

Thanks Larry. Yea, she's contagious. She caught the bug hard... and OBV YES! GO DEVILS!

#ASU4LIFE