Sonoran Sky Live Pool/Beach Camera

Jim

Well Known Member
Check out a live view from the Sonoran Sky Resort overlooking the pools and beach. Now you can verify what the weather reports are saying by checking the rolling waves or swaying palms. I'm looking into putting in a higher resolution camera and faster speed connection. Here is the link: http://www.sonoranresorts.mx/live/. Be sure to check out the rest of the site too...

brokenwave

Well Known Member
Jim,
Excellent, could you set it up so it shows the sky and horizon as well. A pan feature to the west would be great especially for the sunsets.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
I look at this site almost every day at work, have it running in the background. My co-workers think I'm kind of crazy, but can't stop staring at that skyline. "Look at the wind blowing those palms!" "Oh, kind of overcast. Nope, there comes the sun." "Ooh, there comes a jet-ski vendor on the shore..." Yeah, pathetic. But, it gets me through the day. Thanks, Jim! Can't wait to see the new cam.

Jim

Well Known Member
I used to have the camera a little up and to the right so that you saw less of the pool and more of the beach, skyline and old port. Someone moved it on me. I will see about having it repositioned again.

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Actually, it moved the day that there were sustained gusts of 25-35 mph, this Tuesday, the day of the 30-car pileup in Picacho. Those palms were bending hard, surprised the cam was still there!

GringoZona

Well Known Member
Wow, checking out the cam view today, and it looks like Memorial Day out there on the beach! Lots of umbrellas, sail boats, jet skis, etc. Quite a sight for a Tuesday!

Landshark

Well Known Member
All I see is a 1-2 second view of the beach and then commercials, that's it!?!?
The webcam works great for me! The ad only lasts for about 15 seconds. Be patient my friend! I'm really thinking the east beaches are the place for you. Such a great place to relax and unwind...

Jim

Well Known Member
Manny has been away for a few days. He is back now and he should get it up and running again very soon. Sorry, it's way beyond my expertise to fix it when he is away...

thomsonc2010

Unfortunately, the camera looks like it has been down for a while. Great idea though as I'm sure it has a great view of the beach.

GV Jack

Snorin God
It is off and on rather spotty. More off than on which is too bad because that's how I get my daily RP fix when away.

Jim

Well Known Member
The camera setup has always had a few issues and it does tend go down fairly often. That, plus the lens gets dirty from the wind and humidity. In the past, I would try to check it regularly and report issues to our IT guy and our maintenance people. I have just been so busy over the past few months that it tends to slip my mind and move down on my list of priorities.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Hey Jim...It comes up, says live and the little whirling thingy whirls away but no picture comes up.

Sounds like a job for Super Manny.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Jerry, just for you there is an autographed life size photo, Speedo and all in the mail. You can hang it along side your Anthony Weiner photos.

I was going to say mount it, but decided not to.