Sonoyta Bridge Politics as Usual, Introducing your new Gringo Toll!!

azdiva

Just a few more tacos sold, few more delays, few more sodas,cervesas,heilo, aqua, throw in a few tows.
Ajo,Az: "Why didn't we think of this"! More Roadstands,more vendors! Border Patrol: New Checkpoint!!!
A New Bridge??? For Who?? Yeeah Riight!! This is the best revenue source Sonoyta has ever had!! This is a new beginning. We should explore realigning Sonoyta Creek through Vasquez.. maybe a tunnel... or a new gringo bridge... Ahh See...Why- Sonoyta Gringo Intl'l Bridge"!! Folks, this is their "Gringo Tax" and they
will get every dollar for whom that enters. Penasco... This is your problem, It's a hassle to get there.
The Roadsigns "No Hassle" From What?? What about the rain, mud, stuck cars,flash flooding,inspections,
imposed duties,insurance,dog food confiscation,etc,etc. Penasco Tourism Fix this NOW!!! Sonora Tourism
Fix this Now!!!

mis2810

No hassle zone only means you don't need a car permit or tourist visa. PP has absolutely no control over the municipality of Sonoyta. Sonoyta should have started the bridge work in November.

Yes, but PP is at least 5 times the size of Sonoyta and as Sonoyta is the main gateway to PP, they should take as much interest in the project as possible including assisstance with that mess they call a detour.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
With the current administration change creeping along, there is nothing happening as far as city management goes. We will see what happens in the coming weeks months as the new admin takes control. You wont see PP getting involved wit Sonoyta is what I am getting at!

mis2810

Yes, but PP is at least 5 times the size of Sonoyta and as Sonoyta is the main gateway to PP, they should take as much interest in the project as possible including assisstance with that mess they call a detour.
Taking an interest and actually being able to affect change are two completely different things. PP can't control Sonoyta anymore than Phoenix can control Glendale. Also, if you think beaurocracy is bad here, Mexico is 100% worse.

It's not a matter of control but cooperation. Valley Metro cities work together all the time. I do understand its Mexico though and that is a huge handicap from the get go. I just hate to see any more obstacles for PP than need to be and this is almost completely self inflicted.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
2 Lanes of the new bridge should be open by the 20th of this month, they are poured and just waiting to cure...

What about the rain, mud, stuck cars,flash flooding,inspections,
imposed duties,insurance,dog food confiscation,etc,etc. QUOTE]
I have found rain, mud, stuck cars, flash flooding, inspections, imposed duties, insurance, food confiscation, etc., etc., on the US side as well. In fact try to get on a plane above the border if you want to feel imposed upon. Mexico is a little slower to respond on some things, but that's part of what I love about it, and part of how my patience has grown and my general attitude has softened over the years.

toetrx

I still think move the entry/exit port five to ten miles west of Lukeville and bypass Sonoyta completely!!!

dmcauley

Wah wah wah. So many complaints about everything. If Sonoyta was in the US this project would take years to finish.