Spearfishing

rplarry

Well Known Member
What about snorkeling and spearfishing?
you are legal to spearfish with a snorkel, ONLY IF the snorkel is attached to the left side of your mask. If it’s on the right side, you will get a ticket or possibly be forced by the Mexican Navy to stand on a stingray until it strikes you.

Same goes with your fins, you can have a fin on your left foot, but you have to be barefoot on your right foot in order to legally snorkel and Spearfish in the Sea of Cortez.

And most importantly, and most do not know this, but because of Covid restrictions, you must wear a mask while spearfishing.

Make sure to remember if you are buddy spearfishing, you must remain 6 m apart.

rplarry

Well Known Member
Meant to come back and say I was totally kidding, and just giving a little fade to some of the crazy Covid rules that they had during their lockdown.

I have done a lot of spearfishing and Hawaiian sling fishing over the years, some great opportunities over by competition hill and probably along the new boulder jetty.

Pretty much the key to everything is the extremes of tide swings, wind, and bottom line having clear water based on those variables.

Best of luck to you, and thanks for letting me Joke around a little bit !

Jonbuot

Meant to come back and say I was totally kidding, and just giving a little fade to some of the crazy Covid rules that they had during their lockdown.

I have done a lot of spearfishing and Hawaiian sling fishing over the years, some great opportunities over by competition hill and probably along the new boulder jetty.

Pretty much the key to everything is the extremes of tide swings, wind, and bottom line having clear water based on those variables.

Best of luck to you, and thanks for letting me Joke around a little bit !
Yeah no prob. someone told me the manmade pier by Mare Blu has a lot of grouper in some of those areas.

AZRob

Well Known Member
I've speared just about every time when we are down there. I use Hawaiian sling also. Im to scared to take my spear GUN down there, who know if they would consider it a weapon or not. Since its a gun.

playaperro

El Pirata
Back in the day they used to spearfish by the cliff side of the viña de mar hotel, I haven’t been by there since that gas tank blue up and took out the motel and restaurant.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Yeah no prob. someone told me the manmade pier by Mare Blu has a lot of grouper in some of those areas.
Reports of 40lb'rs in 40ft of water at the end of the jetty when I was there in October. Those reports were from the divers that came up to the surface as we were tied up with Del Mar Charters catamaran bullshitting one sunny day.

playaperro

El Pirata
I don’t see a problem crossing one but this should of been first question asked, but after you cross one after getting green light and get pulled over in sonoyta do you ask the cop to pay the fine for you or go get searched at cop station. Goes for crossing with medicinal gummies. Just a thought.
I’ve seen people fishing at Las Conchas never have problems with any kind of fishing.