Spring Break 13 Turnout

mondone

Whitecaps
Anyone with a border report into USA at this time? Ready to head home, but border wait time site has not updated since noon@ 10 minutes.

mis2810

Right now at 5:50 my Border Watch app says its 45 minute wait, with 3 of 5 lanes open. Why don't they just open all the lanes? They could have seen this coming.

With the fiscal cliff automatic cuts being implimented, there will be less $ for regular and overtime hours so there will be fewer agents to man the check points,
so fewer lanes open. Expect some longer waits. Easter should be a real treat!. LOL

mondone

Whitecaps
That website is so bogus. All morning up to noon it said 5 lanes open and 10 to 15 minute wait. At 5PM, it got updated finally to 3 lanes @ 45 minutes. I left PP at 5:20PM, stopped to fill up at Sonoyta Pemex and hit the border about 7:45PM. They had 2 lanes open with 3 or 4 cars at each one. As soon as I entered USA, an officer opened another lane to the right and I went right in and out within a minute. Two questions, "Anything to declare?" and "Is this your truck?". Fastest ever we have gone through. One and a half hours prior, my son had a 15 minute with 3 lanes open.

Terry C

They just ask people now long was your wait then they call it in to the main office in Texas and they update it from there. If that even happens who knows. That's what they told me once when I called them in Lukeville to ask why it was so far behind.

mondone

Whitecaps
They just ask people now long was your wait then they call it in to the main office in Texas and they update it from there. If that even happens who knows. That's what they told me once when I called them in Lukeville to ask why it was so far behind.
Oh yeah, pretty much useless. Just glad I didn't bolt for home early in the day to beat the backup. One more day in Encanto is never a bad thing.

From what we saw this past weekend , it was very slow. The beach in front of Las Palmas where our friends had rented wasn't any more crowded than a typical spring weekend. Calle 13 wasn't overrun with crazy teenagers. The Mirador was virtually empty. We had a beer at Manny's Friday night, and then again Saturday afternoon, and we were the only ones there for the most part. The few that came in, left quickly due to the deserted feel of the place. (we like Manny's because they don't care if we take our little perrito to hang with us, have a taco and run around the beach). In town, where our place is, in Las Margaritas, near Sam's Club, even the locals were staying indoors apparently, there was very little traffic. Shrimp Plaza (as I call it) was busy, and loads of fun. Did anyone check out the gold and silver mime guys? They were great. The best part of the weekend was the fair rides down by CFE. The haunted house ride broke 1/2 way through and the operator had to pull our electric car through the ride by hand.. fun times! I tried to get my boletos back, but to no avail :( We got to the border Sunday about 11am, with Kindle in hand, expecting an hour of read/go 2 feet/read/go 1 foot etc but it was a 5 minute wait, and all 5 lanes were open. It took longer to get through McDonalds drive through in Gila Bend then all 3 border checkpoints combined. Too bad all these reporters and neigh-sayers don't experience what we do before they spout off their "opinions" as fact to a large audience...

Roberto

I think I haave noticed that there are many more Mexican plated cars in town for Spring Break than I recall from the past. Just a warm up for Semana Santa.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Same here, him and his head douchebag Holder selling guns to the cartels doesn't help the tourism industry in Mexico, they should both be tried for Treason.

Yea this program started years before Obama but I still blame it on ODUMBO.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Same here, him and his head douchebag Holder selling guns to the cartels doesn't help the tourism industry in Mexico, they should both be tried for Treason.

Maybe we can start over, rekindle our relationship and take me for a ride in your Trophy Truck?

Hooch

Orrrr you could fork out some cash, I could bend you some 1.75 DOM tube, get you some FOA res shocks out of vegas, run your a bedcage, brace the engine, run some shock hoops with coilovers enforce your a arms, run you some heims on the upper arms, link the rear and get that Yota 15 feet in the air in front of Bella Serena. Ill bring my pipe bender and welder down next week, then we can weld together our own super Panga from all the boats laying around in peoples front dirt lots, ******* pirate ship ****.

Last edited:

Roberto

Some general comments from several joints around town from last night indicate that while things were a little better for most it still was not comparable in any way to the old days. No info from Sandy Beach so might have been better there. I'm guessing Semana Santa will top all records. BTW they are patch paving Calle 13 and Fremont and have fixed the craters that Mexico Joe was complaining about on the street parallel to Calle 13.

playaperro

El Pirata
I have pics from princesa and soronan spa, the only place happening was by the entrance to the east side of sandy beach. . .001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

InkaRoads

cronopiador
I saw lots of young kids in the Spa, Princesa and Casa Blanca area most of them very young, coming to Mexico for the alcohol more than anything else, most others as their parents flip the bill they basically go where mom or pop tell them to go, where they think it is safe, I guess they mean anywhere as far away from Mexico Cartels.
However it seems that in general SB is getting smaller and smaller by the years but the crowds are coming back on a weekend basis more and more, which is better to have the stream of tourists in a constant pouring that will increase as the time passes than just once a year event. IMHO