Spring Break 2016

3 sand rails full of them just passed a wack of cars at red light and barrelled thru the red light and nearly caused accident and then did turn in middle of road in front of cars. Of course no cops around!

MIRAMAR

I also like that he's got life guards-wish there were more but it's a start.

Rockypoint360.com/spring-break-semana-santa-safety-operative-2016/

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Tell me the boat in the picture is not overloaded.
I doubt it is overloaded, I have groups of 100 that use EcoFun 1 for daytime cruises and there is still room. There are enough life jackets and the boat and crew are pretty top notch
.Boat float June.jpg

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I forgot its Mexico.
They are very well trained and way above average regardless of what country you think is the best.......just sayin, the harbor master uses them for their training exercises as well so say what you want. Disparaging or otherwise. It's all good.

They are very well trained and way above average regardless of what country you think is the best.......just sayin, the harbor master uses them for their training exercises as well so say what you want. Disparaging or otherwise. It's all good.
Russ it does not matter to me. I sailed on the El duke out of San Carlos many times and almost sank. Finally it sank. I never said anything about the crew or operation. I just think its overloaded.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I almost drowned once but it wasn't the boats fault....regardless they are still a fantastic crew and the boat is very capable. It is not overloaded.

BootNHat

Thanks Jerry for digging up a 2011 story from Loreto that isn't even on the coast. I haven't seen anything more unbelievable in a long time. .

jerry

Some Lobos based panga fishermen were eaten 5 years ago to when they overloaded while jigging squid during that big squid season...boat sunk and and revenge was a dish best served at sea......sort of "the worm has turned" deal

Last edited:

AZRob

The 25th starts Spanish spring break (Thats what he called it). One of the guys on the crew is heading down today for it.

Was talking with another guy at work and opened my eyes. (Updated)

Semana Santa is the Spanish term for Holy Week, the week preceding Easter in the Catholic calendar. It commemorates the last week of Jesus' life, beginning with His arrival in Jerusalem, celebrated on Palm Sunday, and culminating in His Resurrection on Easter Sunday. Spain and many other Catholic Spanish-speaking countries are known for their elaborate processions and celebrations during this week.

Throughout Spain, penitents in Semana Santa processions typically wear a nazareno, or a cloak and hood with a pointed cap or capirote. The uniform has been in use since the Middle Ages, designed to let people practice penance publicly without revealing their identity. The penitents may walk the streets barefoot wearing chains or carrying crosses in imitation of Christ's Passion. Ironically, the anti-Catholic terrorist group Ku Klux Klan later used the nazareno as inspiration for their own uniforms.

In Spain, the cities of Seville, Malaga, and Leon have some of the most spectacular and well-known Holy Week traditions in the country. Seville has over 50 processions over the course of the week, organized by lay Catholic brotherhoods. The processions feature pasos, floats depicting scenes of Jesus' life during his final week on Earth, which are carried on foot by costaleros hidden inside the platform. Malaga celebrations also make use of ornate floats, called tronos. In both Seville and Malaga, people watching the processions may offer extemporaneous religious songs called saetas.

Last edited: