Sprint Cell Phone Users

Kea

When I saw your topic, I thought you were going to talk about the international program they introduced a few months ago. Free text, free unlimited data at 2G speed and lowered talk prices to 20¢ / minute. I'm amazed that they made another improvement so soon. I guess they were getting too much competition from T-Mobile.

However, I have not been able to get data on my iPhone. My husband's LG does get it. His phone shows GSM. From what I can tell, my iPhone 5 can only use CDMA. But maybe I need to change a setting somewhere.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Finally some of the other cell companies are trying to play catch up with T-Mobile (the industry disrupter).
Hopefully by next year the rest of the industry comes on board and there will not be any roaming charges while in Mexico for data, calls or texts.
It's a win for everyone.

When I tell my local friends in RP that I pay $170 per month for 8 lines with 2.5gb of data for each line and can be used in Mexico
without any added cost they are floored and want me to add them to my plan for $20 per added line. LOL.

Unless you switch over to the new plan, I believe they will still be charged for calls, texts etc.
Until I added the $10 North America plan from T-Mobile I was still being charged the .20 per min for calls in or out of Mexico.
I didn't want my data to get reduced from 2.5gb to 1gb because I'm on a grand fathered plan by switching to the new plan.

Now the Mexico Telcos need to do the same and get competitive so the people in Mexico can see some serious savings.