Squatters/Mexican Bank Trust

RP Life

Well Known Member
I have a neighbor that passed away and the beneficiaries on the Bank Trust are out of state and are scared to come to RP because of the negative press that Mexico receives. Unfortunatly, the handyman started squatting in the house and connected utilites in his name. They were told they would need a lawyer to try and remove him from the house, but no guarrantees. They would also need to pay all back fees of the trust and fee to switch it to their names plus all unpaid bills (around 15,000 us dollars) before the lawyer could start to try to get the person out. The lawyer would also want $2500.00 dollares to start and then would take 20% of the house sale as full payment or 0 down and 50% of house sale. The legal owners decided not to pursue and at 10 years the Bank Trust will foreclose. Not sure how that works either.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I am now concerned with my property due to my beneficiaries are also out of state on my Bank Trust.

dirtsurfer

Well Known Member
Forum Supporter
The squatter problem in Mexico has happened to a friend of mine it it was a horrible ordeal to resolve. The Mexican authorities are worthless and the utilities who could easily just cut power & water seem not to care. Does not anybody care and is there no rule of law?

Roberto

Well Known Member
I have a neighbor that passed away and the beneficiaries on the Bank Trust are out of state and are scared to come to RP because of the negative press that Mexico receives. Unfortunatly, the handyman started squatting in the house and connected utilites in his name. They were told they would need a lawyer to try and remove him from the house, but no guarrantees. They would also need to pay all back fees of the trust and fee to switch it to their names plus all unpaid bills (around 15,000 us dollars) before the lawyer could start to try to get the person out. The lawyer would also want $2500.00 dollares to start and then would take 20% of the house sale as full payment or 0 down and 50% of house sale. The legal owners decided not to pursue and at 10 years the Bank Trust will foreclose. Not sure how that works either.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I am now concerned with my property due to my beneficiaries are also out of state on my Bank Trust.
Squatting is a serious problem. Some of this story does not make sense. Where is the property located? Do you have the name of the handyman?? The lawyer?

RP Life

Well Known Member
The home is in town close to Las Cupulas. The name of the Lawyer is Luis Martin Rosas. The handyman living home is Rosalia Chavarria alias Charlie.

RP Life

Well Known Member
The squatter problem in Mexico has happened to a friend of mine it it was a horrible ordeal to resolve. The Mexican authorities are worthless and the utilities who could easily just cut power & water seem not to care. Does not anybody care and is there no rule of law?
If it was an American who did this we would be in jail until we paid money