Stu / Dorado?

don

Hi Stuart!
I'm anxious to try those great looking hootchies I bought from you! So, when do your recommend heading to RP, looking for Dorado?
Thanks for your time and advice,
don

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
I'm going this weekend for a dorado look-see. Timing is right. Water has been fairly flat all week, which gives the sargasso a chance to bunch up on the current lines. I'll let you know what I find.

don

Thanks for the heads up, I will be anxiously waiting your return!
This is our anniversary weekend, and I've tried talking my wife to heading south, but she's a no go! "Too Hot" she says. But, if the catchings' good, maybe next weekend!
Best of Luck!

don

Silly question for you... Do you know, or does anyone know if satellite pics show the weeds bunching up? I know you can zoom in to see boats, just wondering if that would be useful? :boat:

Kelney

Don
I would doubt it would be useful as the satellite photos tend to be at least a few months old if not not much much older. I looked at the storage facility photos where my boat is and I believe that the photo is probably about a year old.

Just take the little Mrs scouting, uhh I mean camping.

don

Well, actually I'm hoping to do just that... Unfortunately right now shes' kind of ill. Looks like gallbladder. Would not be fun in the boat.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Once again, Buoyweather shows iffy now for Saturday afternoon (yellow flag) and definitely blown out on Sunday. Why me, Lord? Why can't I ever have good flat water when I plan a trip? Guess I'll call it based on what Buoyweather shows tomorrow morning, but doesn't look good.

I suppose I could just stay home this weekend, go to a baby shower (ugggh, I was trying to avoid that and STILL will) and install the new disc brake calipers and rotors on my trailer. I was also looking forward to trying out my new Sea Shocks.

Kelney

Stu
I believe Hurricane or now Tropical Storm Dolly is headed in this direction for the weekend.

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Kelney said:
Stu
I believe Hurricane or now Tropical Storm Dolly is headed in this direction for the weekend.
Don't lie to me, Windmaker. You were thinking of going fishing, weren't you? WEREN'T YOU? Uh-huh! I thought so. :lol:

Close, though. Sounds like the remains of Fausto are actually kicking up the wind and seas. Found this at NOAA.

.LOW...REMNANT OF FAUSTO...24N129W 1012 MB MOVING W 10 TO 15 KT.
WITHIN 240 NM N QUADRANT WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
ELSEWHERE N OF 27N W OF 129W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 23N133W 1014 MB. FROM 24N TO 28N BETWEEN
129W AND 136W WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 25N TO 28N BETWEEN 136W AND 139W WINDS TO
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

It's in the Pacific, but still seems to have a big impact zone. Rocky Point being 31N and 133W is close enough to be affected.

Hey Don
Gallbladder is only a couple of day thing now. Had mine out a couple of years ago and I was up and around the next day. If someone had said lets go fishing on the 3rd day I would have been the one that jumped up first.

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Yeah, looks better than it did last night for sure, but still iffy though. With fuel prices being what they are, I don't want to waste time and money when the weather looks iffy. Rather wait for a weekend that looks better.

Thanks, Bob. If you could, please post and let me know what it actually looks like this weekend. I'd like to see how it compares to what Buoyweather says it's going to be. I've been out when storms are cruising through. Lightning out on the water scares me to death because in a boat, you ARE the highest thing around for miles! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

As of right now, here's the predicition:

Attachments