Stuart San Carlos

Wood Spinner

Well Known Member
Hey Stuart
I may have missed it but I did not see anything about your San Carlos trip ???

Don't Worry Be Happy
Bill

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
Y'all didn't miss anything in San Carlos. Fishing was fishing, not catching. In 5 days (over 100 miles a day, inside, outside, over by Tortuga) we had a catch total of 1 marlin, 4 dorado, and one skipjack. First time ever I've not come back home with cooler full of frozen, vacuum-packed dorado fillets. Green water to about 25-30 miles out and massive schools of sardines everywhere. The fish could eat at will. All of our catches (except the skipjack) came on hooded ballyhoo on the starboard outrigger. The fish didn't even bother looking at lures, so basically a lot of boat riding.

But, I'm hearing water conditions in Rocky Point are looking good. Maybe a trolling trip later this July!

don

Well Known Member
Doggit!

Oh well, boat riding can be fun, but expensive!

How exciting though, you caught a Marlin! Were you able to get any pics? How large were the Dorado?
Don

Stuart

Aye carumba!!!
Staff member
We got the whole marlin fight on video from a camera we put in the rocket launcher. Unfortunately, it covers the back of the boat and is mostly me cranking like crazy with assorted commentary. We did get some still shots of the marlin as I got ready to release him. My brother is going to play with the video, so I might have it available in a week or so.

The dorado were running to about 18 pounds. We did have one bigger bull hooked up, but he shook the hook right at the boat as I got ready to stick him with the gaff. Oh well, sometimes they get away!