Sure is very quiet around here. Anyone home?

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
It seem no one is here except me.
Heading down to RP in a few weeks for Spring Break for the Ole Folks. lol
Is the town closed up?
Will JJ's be opened soon?
Will I have to spent time at the Reef?
Is the Malecon still have parking meters?

Come on folk wakeup .. It's spring break time!

Idyllwild

Well Known Member
Town is pretty active. Garufa was busy last night. Drove the Can Am by JJ’s yesterday. It looks like it’s several weeks from being done. Spring breakers were seen yesterday afternoon.

Bob Oso

Well Known Member
Heading down in a few weeks as well. Cholla's CBSC is hosting the 14th Annual golf tournament at the Islas Del Mar. Going to RP during Spring Break is one of the times I try and avoid. Although the weather will be nice, and the town will be getting some good revenue, just a little too crazy for me.

JayT

Traffic down through Lukeville was surprisingly light this morning for the beginning of ASU and UofA Spring Break. It is spectacularly clear and sunny down here, but very windy today. Not a single boat to be seen out in the ocean right now with lots of whitecaps. I hope Penasco has a strong Spring Break this year.

VegasDude

Just left today. Spent a month at the Reef. Coconut shrimp at the Wrecked was good. It was windy.
Saw that southbound line at the border. Lotsa vehicles heading south. Not too busy north bound. Got moved to the X-ray line. May be they were hoping for another rv loaded with drugs. Not me.

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Town is pretty active. Garufa was busy last night. Drove the Can Am by JJ’s yesterday. It looks like it’s several weeks from being done. Spring breakers were seen yesterday afternoon.
I was hoping they would have finished but we won't arrive until the 20th so we may be lucky and see it open.

brokenwave

Well Known Member
I was hoping they would have finished but we won't arrive until the 20th so we may be lucky and see it open.
Someone posted on FB, last month, that they were told shooting for a mid-April-early summer opening.
Last week, my neighbors walked by it and said it still needed a lot of work to be done.
Only 2-3 guys were working on it when I stopped by last month
FYI, The JJ's bartenders Cesar and Berto are tending bar at the Wrecked until the new place re-opens.

Last edited:

IggyAZ

Well Known Member
Thanks for the update
Too bad they won't be open for Spring Breakers. $$$$
Oh well we will just wait and see.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Is the town closed up?

Well after you beat the dead horse to death on information that was readily available on this website and then got upset at posters that were trying to help you after you repeatedly doubted their answers regarding no passports needed then yea it gets a little quiet for people like you.

If you want some action which I know you attention seeking cult followers do then just type let's go brandon and you'll surely get some likes. Aside from that, when you say it's quiet on the forum you should ask yourself, what am I providing??? It's pry quiet because we have a lot of posters that like to leach information without providing anything or posting about their experiences and who hide behind a profile name. Lot's of posters that go to RP 1 or 2 times/year and think they're THEIR an aficionado... but yea I look forward to your contribution in the future.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Hoping they will allow dogs on the outside patios as they do at the wrecked.
They're allowing dogs out back at Wrecked these days? Good to know. We've been frequenting Manny's now and then with the dog which is nice and it's also a pretty easy bar for a cripple to get around. No stairs is nice. Wrecked is much harder but good to know they allow dogs.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Is the town closed up?

This fool hasn't been active on the forum for years telling people to WAKE UP!!! LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL my god what a dystopian world we live in. Guy never contributed anything but out here demanding answers to the dumbest fucking questions... I'm incredibly shocked that he didn't ask about NEEDING PASSPORTS again!!! For the 7th time... How did that not make the list?????????