Taking a dog into Mexico

B

bahiatrader

I am considering taking my dog with me the next time I go to Mexico. Are there any requirements I need to know about? I have documentation for all of his shots including rabies. I've seen other gringos with American dogs in Mexico, but never thought to ask them. I'd really like to be able to bring him back home with me.

playaperro

El Pirata
Trader you can buy a paw report it's like a passport for your dog, you can pick one up at petsmart. It will make you feel better. It even has a place to put a pic of your dog/dogs in case something
comes up.

Playa

InkaRoads

cronopiador
coming from the major dog, I will have the coldest beer in town!!!
and when it comes to the dog just make sure you have all the shots records and you will be fine

L

LindaBrown7311

That's really all you need. We keep all their records with us in the motorhome and have never been asked to show them .................... yet.

Vvalenz

We have never been asked for anything, we were told that we just had to show prof of Rabie shots, but never have, we just make sure dogs have their US dog tags on when we cross back into US. Good Luck!

garyd

I was asked on Sunday if I had papers but was not asked to show them. He did indicate I may need them in the future though