TelCel Amigo (Cellphone Plan)

If you need to add money to your TelCel Amigo plan, and are not in Mexico, you can do so from this site:

www.pinzoo.com

They don't charge anything and you can use PayPal. You can add money in $10 USD increments.

It looked like you had to register to use the TelCel site, and I couldn't figure any way to do so if you're back home in the US.

On the matter of your money/minutes expiring on the Amigo plan, I had added minutes back in May. They "expire" after 2 months. I wasn't able to get down to Mexico for another 4 months after they expired. Once I added money using Pinzoo, all the money I had before was also restored. I was worried that the phone number would be dead in that length of time, requiring a new SIM, but it still worked. I've read on a couple other forums that the phone number gets cancelled anywhere from 3 months to a year if you haven't added money to the phone.

The Man

We always left RP in April, with only a dew pesos in the Telcell account, and returned
again in Nov, and just recharged it.

Seems after all those months after recharge, we always had the same numbed after all those months.

The Man

I buy minutes right on the Telcel site. They don't charge extra either.
When I went on the site, it appeared that youhad to be registered, and one of the steps required you to be in Mexico to receive a call.....is there something I missed or misunderstood?

mis2810

When I went on the site, it appeared that youhad to be registered, and one of the steps required you to be in Mexico to receive a call.....is there something I missed or misunderstood?
I guess that could be true. Both times I registered phones I was already in Mexico. But once I was already registered I could log on from the US without a problem to check the balance of minutes or add airtime.

Miakko

I registered my phone on Mi TelCel - does anyone know if you can register your USB modem there as well?

GV Jack

Snorin God
I registered my phone on Mi TelCel - does anyone know if you can register your USB modem there as well?
Yes... I recharge my usb 3g card from the Telcel Site. All you need is the phone number for the card, a credit card and a little Spanish... The whole site is in Spanish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

The Man

It seems now there must be an agreement with the US cell companies now as both our AT&T and Verizion cell phones we don't have to dial the US code now, and can even get our voice mail as if we were in the states...don't know when that came in effect.

Verizion has a great Mexican cell plan now for 20 bucks extra, we don't use our unlocked old phone here anymore,.

My wife's AT&T Mexican plan is not as good as Verizion 's plan for 20 bucks.

The man

Terry C

We still have the AT&T international plan for $5.00 a month. You get roaming charges but we only use it as a back up to our magicjack. When you check your voice mail on AT&T down here you need to enter your password. You don't have to in the US.

Kea

We still have the AT&T international plan for $5.00 a month. You get roaming charges but we only use it as a back up to our magicjack. When you check your voice mail on AT&T down here you need to enter your password. You don't have to in the US.

But why not just check voicemail from MagicJack for free? Of course, you'll have to enter your password with this method.

I usually keep my Sprint phone with me. If someone calls, I check the caller ID and either answer it (because it's important and will be "quick") or call back from MagicJack. My Mexico add-on is free (it's an extra $5 per month on some plans) and lets me pay a reduced roaming rate of $1.19 per minute. Expensive, but good for emergencies.