Telmex or MegaCable

Hi,
We are considering putting internet into our Sandy Beach condo, instead of relying on the HOA internet. Does anyone have any experience with either Telmex or MegaCable?

I've tried contacting MegaCable, but their website is in Spanish, and I've been unable to get a response to any emails. I'm looking for any advice on how to go about contacting them, and arranging the internet to get set up. I was hoping to make arrangements from Phoenix, so that we could have someone out there when we get back to RP in early November.

Thanks!

Roberto

You need to know if Megacable is in your development. It is a wired system not through the phone line like Tel Mex

Just to document, in case someone else needs this information in the future.

• To sign up for Telmex (DSL) internet, you need to go to the office in town. If you Google Telmex Puerto Penasco, Google maps gets you there.
  • You will need a copy of your electric bill and ID. Fortunately our accountant told us this before we went, otherwise it would have been a wasted trip.
  • They will need a contact number in Mexico to get ahold of you when the install takes place.
  • They provide you with a modem and say it will take 3 - 4 business days for the hook up.
  • They do not speak English in the office. Fortunately the gentleman who helped us tried his best and we were able to stumble through it.
They actually came out to do the install in about 2 business days (we ordered on Thursday afternoon and the install was yesterday (Monday)).
They did not call us, but contacted the person in charge of maintenance for our condo. He (condo maintenance) then came to our condo and installed the modem for us (he had to change out some plugs).

All modem instructions, online access to modem, etc is in Spanish.

We are now up and running with our own Telmex service in our condo. Very nice to not have to rely on the HOA internet.

As a side note, I asked our maintenance person about MegaCable - he said they tried it at our condo complex but the service was much less reliable.

InkaRoads

cronopiador
My experience, as in USA, is that cable has better and faster internet connections here in MX, with MegaCable in RP than Telmex! as with everything connectivity has improved with both companies but cable tents to be a lot more reliable and faster than phone line now a days, in RP.
I do not live in Sandy Beach, I live in the middle of town in a house, have both and like cable better than phone for internet and planning on getting rid of land line soon!!