Tennis and Sports

My family and I are making the move towards the end of this summer. Can anyone tell me if there is any sort of tennis club or courts? Any groups that get together regularly to play? My husband also teaches lessons so if anyone is looking for lessons message me and we can chat.
My husband has also coached and played rugby for over 35 years. Any idea if anyone plays near rocky points?

Thanks all and see you soon!

Roberto

Hi Ruby. GV has wanted to play rugby when he comes down ! That's a sport that might take off down here if there was someone to lead the way. There are a couple of people involved with developing sports, someone else might comment (Russ). There are tennis courts at a couple of the high rise condos, but not sure if outsiders are welcome. If you got hooked up with management for lessons or an owner wanting to play that would work. No public city courts of which I am aware. In general recreation facilities here are few. Would be nice to see lessons available to the young locals.

Did he happen to play with or coach John Gluck in rugby ?

Jslknl

My hubby and I come to RP pretty regular and he is a big tennis player. He always plays at the Sun with a guy named Enrique from the Esmerelda. Enrique works there. Enrique has friends at the sun and no one hardly ever plays on that court. When you come message us and we can set something up. My hubby is a 4.0 or so player. Thanks Amy

TICO-T

Tennis courts are available at some hotel resorts. No public courts in Rocky Point. That will change when I win the power-ball lottery! It's a shame the kids do not have access to tennis.

Hi Ruby. GV has wanted to play rugby when he comes down ! That's a sport that might take off down here if there was someone to lead the way. There are a couple of people involved with developing sports, someone else might comment (Russ). There are tennis courts at a couple of the high rise condos, but not sure if outsiders are welcome. If you got hooked up with management for lessons or an owner wanting to play that would work. No public city courts of which I am aware. In general recreation facilities here are few. Would be nice to see lessons available to the young locals.

Did he happen to play with or coach John Gluck in rugby ?

I do not recall a John Gluck, I have played with all the clubs in ABQ and OSW and a bunch of guys from Phoenix as well.
Thanks for the information, We hope to get down to RP in May perhaps June and then permantly soon thereafter.
thanks
Steve

My hubby and I come to RP pretty regular and he is a big tennis player. He always plays at the Sun with a guy named Enrique from the Esmerelda. Enrique works there. Enrique has friends at the sun and no one hardly ever plays on that court. When you come message us and we can set something up. My hubby is a 4.0 or so player. Thanks Amy
Thank you so much for the information. We hope to get down there in May and June, then permantly soon thereafter.
I am a 4.5 player and enjoy playing and also working with anyone who desires to learn the game and have fun.
thanks
Steve

Tell your HB we play touch on the beach when we are down. Not Ardvark Rugby but we earn our beers non the less.

Totally awesome,
We hope to be down in May and June, and permantly soon thereafter.
Maybe you can let me know when you guys will be down there playing again
Thanks
Steve

Jumbo
hope all is well with you and your family
we will be in playa del carman memorial week, we hope to get down to RP in June for a week or 2
then permantly sometime in september
i am trying to make the Stanford trip with jimmy n OSW in mid may
any information you can share with us is greatly appreciated
thanks
Steve

Steve,
we have had a place on Sandy Beach since 2004. Too bad about Playa Del Carman cause we are in RP for that week. Let us know when you go down in June. Been coaching the Tempe HS team for last 4 years, both of my boys playing. Between their football and rugby hasn't left anytime for OSW, use the off time to go to RP. Any thing you guys need help with let me know.
J