Tequila...now you know.

garyd

I have been drinking Cava de Oro "Extra Anejo" since Christmas and it is the smoothest I've ever had. Almost too smooth :). Bought some here in Cabo for just under $100. It is really good. Try it.

Last edited:

batpuppy

I have been drinking Cava de Oro "Extra Anejo" since Christmas and it is the smoothest I've ever had. Almost too smooth :). Bought some here in Cabo for just under $100. It is really good. Try it.
Great!! Will do. Looking forward to organizing another Tequila taste test party with the family. On my list is Cruz, and Luna Malvada too.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Went to Total Wine for a nice anejo for New Years. My budget was $50. The guy working the Tequila aisle recommended Cazul Anejo. It was $40 out the door. I personally don't have a whole lot of experience with Tequila but I found it to be very smooth with a more oak/whiskey finish. It scored a 95 and won a silver medal in San Fran. All in all, good. I think for the price point it was a very good choice. My intent also was to get something that I've never had before. I think it was a good choice.

garyd

Went to Total Wine for a nice anejo for New Years. My budget was $50. The guy working the Tequila aisle recommended Cazul Anejo. It was $40 out the door. I personally don't have a whole lot of experience with Tequila but I found it to be very smooth with a more oak/whiskey finish. It scored a 95 and won a silver medal in San Fran. All in all, good. I think for the price point it was a very good choice. My intent also was to get something that I've never had before. I think it was a good choice.
How was it compared to Don Julio Anejo?

Some of the less expensive Anejo's are not bad. As long as they start out as 100% Agave, they taste really good.
Last time I visited the Tequila Factory, Fernando was telling me you can buy one of his oak casks and pour in a less expensive bottle of silver, as long as its 100% Agave, and make your own.