Tessoro at Las Conchas (COMPLAINTS FYI)

mondone

Whitecaps
Sorry Mondone, I wasn't ignoring you. I just saw this and see that it's already been translated by Casa Alina. I know someone at Tessoro, so I'll try to get more info.
No problem Rosy, I tried the translation thing, but the story still didn't make a lot of sense to me. I had no idea that Tessoro had issues, I thought it was one of the successful projects!

jerry

Well Known Member
Man saying Tessoro have "issues"is like saying Osama went swimming!
No problem Rosy, I tried the translation thing, but the story still didn't make a lot of sense to me. I had no idea that Tessoro had issues, I thought it was one of the successful projects!

Terry C

Well Known Member
So this guy walks into a bar and says, "Give me a bin Laden."Bartender looks up and says "What? A bin Laden?!"The guy says, "Yeah, a bin Laden. You know... Two shots and a splash of water." :lol:

rplarry

Well Known Member
Jerry...I'll pass on that one....a bit too old....when I was a kid, lived in a 5th floor apartment in NYC....no elevator.....I still remember those days!!!

Hell....I wonder what the power requirements are to run the elevator....a small generator??? When I was there back in Oct., there were only 2-3 cars in the garage....nobody outside....and the weather was fantastic!!! The elevators weren't "locked"....and I got off a couple of the other floors that hadn't been "developed" yet.....just bare concrete....

I can just imagine the frustration of the few owners....a huge investment....and the power cut off!
Does anyone have any updated information on Tessoro?

jerry

Well Known Member
Hate to say it but "Now is a good time to Buy" could be true here...hell, one guy was asking 40 cents on the dollar and new money is on the way at some point.

mis2810

Well Known Member
A couple of years ago we took a tour through there just to be nosy and it was gorgeous. But it's a pain in the ass to have to drive all the way to the end of Las Conchas - at least I wouldn't want to just to go to the store!

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
A couple of years ago we took a tour through there just to be nosy and it was gorgeous. But it's a pain in the ass to have to drive all the way to the end of Las Conchas - at least I wouldn't want to just to go to the store!
You'd have a front row seat watching the pangas coming in with the drug loads!!!

Roberto

Well Known Member
Tessoro is open. Visited with a family yesterday that had rented a unit and was staying out there. No other details.

Kelney

Well Known Member
It has always been opened but the lack of tenants give it the abandoned look. I have rented there several times over the past year and it is probably my favorite condo. The developer has yet to price to the market so they are having issues selling. Seems like the current owners are keeping it going though. I stayed there once when it was just my family and it was a little strange having the entire place to ourselves. It is a little far removed from town but that had an appeal to it as well. It is near the estuary so I found the fishing out on the reef to be exciting enough to where I did not feel the need to take the boat out. Just watch for stingrays.... I would be very hesitant to own there at this time but renting a place is great.

jben

Wow. It seems the only condo worth considering is on the resale market where they've all been sold and the developer is no longer backing the hoa.

And I'm not really sure how offended to be that the writer felt the need to point out the developer is jewish. I don't remember them mentioning the faith of drug cartel members. Its mentioned so matter of factly that I can't help but believe the writer considers it acceptable witbout question. I sure hope that doesn't represent mexican society as a whole.

jerry

Well Known Member
People burned by the housing bubble sometimes strike out at Jewish people because when you see the names on for example Goldman Sach's board and how they all skated after screwing everyone it just makes Jewish people look bad.You in return gave Mexican people a shot about the Cartels...It's just how the world works.A day doesn't go by that I don't have a negative thought about the Brits being Irish but person to person I like them OK.
Wow. It seems the only condo worth considering is on the resale market where they've all been sold and the developer is no longer backing the hoa.

And I'm not really sure how offended to be that the writer felt the need to point out the developer is jewish. I don't remember them mentioning the faith of drug cartel members. Its mentioned so matter of factly that I can't help but believe the writer considers it acceptable witbout question. I sure hope that doesn't represent mexican society as a whole.

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
Jerry...I said the same thing (about destroying the beautiful spot).when they built the Princessa Condos on Sandy Beach....

jerry

Well Known Member
The guy that built this would have built amotel 6 at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon too... We would have stopped that project (Tessorro) in the states for sure because our hippies fight back against the booster bulldozer crowd that wrecked Puerto Penasco.
Jerry...I said the same thing (about destroying the beautiful spot).when they built the Princessa Condos on Sandy Beach....

rockyptjoe

Well Known Member
The guy that built this would have built amotel 6 at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon too... We would have stopped that project (Tessorro) in the states for sure because our hippies fight back against the booster bulldozer crowd that wrecked Puerto Penasco.
Hey...they could use a Motel 6 at the entrance to the park at the South rim!!!