Tessoro at Las Conchas (COMPLAINTS FYI)

LSU

Any updates? Am planning my first trip to rp and found a unit at Tessoro on VRBO. While researching found this thread. I am new to AZ and excited about getting to the beach and some fresh shrimp. Speaking of seafood, anyone have any experience with the oysters down there. Grew up with gulf of mexico oysters and love them more than the pacific nw oysters ive found in the valley. Thanks for the very informative forum. Answering many questions/concerns about rp.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Any updates? Am planning my first trip to rp and found a unit at Tessoro on VRBO. While researching found this thread. I am new to AZ and excited about getting to the beach and some fresh shrimp. Speaking of seafood, anyone have any experience with the oysters down there. Grew up with gulf of mexico oysters and love them more than the pacific nw oysters ive found in the valley. Thanks for the very informative forum. Answering many questions/concerns about rp.
LSU, here is a URL for a blog on the Sonoran Resorts website and a great article about the oyster farms down there. It's quite interesting and I learned alot, though I hate the little buggers. LOL
Ostionera Acuamar by Guest Travel Writer, Greg Ross | Sonoran Resorts

LSU

Thanks GV Jack, I think I'll pay that farm a visit. The general feel that I'm getting that as a first timer one of the Sonoran Resorts may be the safest bet. Tessoro location and quiet beach? seemed enticing.

El Gato

Well Known Member
Don't forget to check out Bella Sirena if you enjoy a quieter but really beautiful place. Very family oriented.

Arizzzona

Great call. And keep in mind in winter Sandy Beach tends to be pretty tranquil.

MY wife and I visited Tessoro over New Yea's. It was like surreal - like visiting a place after all the people had gone. (No one anywhere but one surprised gate gaurd.) A little Planet of the Apes-like. But yes, a great location. Still, kinda spooky. But what a nice location...

I also agree with the Bella Sirena comment, and like the Sonoran Sun further up and away on the beach.

azbandit

Have friends with units there and you shouldnt expect any problems. The homeowners are basically running the place now. I have a house almost next door and the people we see on the beach from there seem to be happy with there stay. The units are beautiful and the best part is that its not crowded at all and that end of the beach can be empty of people many times which we like.

LSU

thanks for the replies, those were the three that I was thinking about. I'll let y'all know, won't be able to get down there for a couple months but wanted to go ahead and book something so we don't miss out.

marybna

Well Known Member
unfinished condo

Was out at Las Conchotoday looking the The Villages. I pad for a house there but never got it. Also there are alot of other projects around town that people paid for and never got delivered. Will someone else come in and finish them?
I know they used the money from Phase II to finish my Phase I at Las Palomas. And Phase III to finsih II.
The mooney I put in The Village wa used to finish the 1st houses.
I see this as a problem that I see no sokution too.
When I dumped my Las Palomas condo some of the money to finish that came from Phase II owners. I can't believe that if someone comes in and finish these projects that they are going to do anything for all of us that had paid for a condo that never got built.

Roberto

Well Known Member
Seems to me that if you have documentation about the sale and payments you made, you clearly have a legal interest in the property. Maybe you could file a lein and try to collect something in court, maybe a couple of unfinished houses or some land. I know of a recent case where a person loaned money for a project, was not paid, sued and got ownership of a couple of the units. Another member of the forum has experience with that and maybe he will speak up about it. I hate that people paid money and got nothing. I believe you are correct about the use of the sale money and when sales dried up all the money was spent while waiting for new sales. If there was construction financing available it might be better.