Thai Food in Penasco !

Roberto

Take out only, in the Mirador one block east of Sinaloa at Captain Ron's RV Resort. Close to Playa Inn and Reggies 8 / 12. Seven dinner items on the menu, two kinds of soup and oddly enough French Fries! $5 to $4.50.

I'm gonna try it and hope it's good. !!:chef::chef::chef:

Kenny

Why in the heck have I never noticed Captain Ron's RV resort? I've must have drove past it what, a couple hundred times in the last 15 years it say's it's been there..http://captainronsrvresort.com/ What do any of you guy's know about this place?
So what's up Roberto, it's right by your place, and you haven't tried the food yet?

Roberto

I got a flyer, in my mailbox at home day before yesterday. Says open till 9 PM, went by last night about 8 and it was CLOSED !?!?

Its an odd set up there what with that tall three story building. He used to have a bunch of really old small travel trailers he offered as nightly rentals. Moved them out and built what looks like storage garages. I think the Takeout is operating out of one of those spaces.

Roberto

Got some take out last night and it's a -5. Food was tasty enought but about half of what I expected. That was not the big problem though. When I arrived there a scruffy looking gent stepped out the door with a short, unlit, cigarett butt in his mouth. I asked if the place was open and he lit the butt and said yeah, go on in. I stepped into a small cluttered space with a hot plate, tiny deep fryer, micro and small fridge, clutter and a sink. The butt man stepped back inside and I ordered to go. I left and came back in 15 minutes after going home to feed the puppies (yes Kenny they are still here). He had a tiny frying pan on the hotplate and was poking at the food with a fork and his FINGERS. Looked in the sink for evidence of recent handwashing, it was DRY. He poked the food a bit more, then scraped it into a small styrofoam takeout container with the fork and his FINGERS. I guess ya really don't want to know what goes on in the kitchen sometimes ! As bad as the dust in the air on Calle 13, eh Stuart ??

Roberto

Thanks Jerry, Noon and I are to be married next week. I proposed via e-mail and she made me the happiest man in Penasco by accepting immediately. As you can see, she likes red wine. so we will honeymoon in Rome. She loves to cook to so maybe a new restaurant !!

Last edited:

Kenny

How can that be Roberto? Jerry sent me the same list, and and she excepted my proposal last night.:D Yes she likes red wine, but that's MAD DOG 20/20.:party: She told me she hardly ever blacks out, anymore, as much..LOL. Can we use your guest room for our honeymoon Roberto:thumbsup:, she has a friend. Come to think of it, I guess she has way to many friends.:roll:

Last edited:

Roberto

Well, that did not last long. Noon's cousin, Ning found out about the impending nuptials and sent me a message to let me know that Noon is actaully a ladyboy! Ning and I will now be married soon !!

Kenny

blinking%20dog.jpg Something smells fishy about this whole deal Roberto. Do you think that Commie Pinko Ratfink Jerry has set us up?

jerry

My buddy from Alaska has married 3 Thai girls and counting.The first during the second stupidest war in American history,one in the early 90's and one just off the show room floor.I loved the second one..tax driver from Bangkok.beautiful...funny...great card player..racist.(Chinese and Koreans..friggins hates them) she found a richer guy(cultural tick) and he found a country girl that now supports her whole extended family .....sort of a good trade all around

InkaRoads

cronopiador
.......was poking at the food with a fork and his FINGERS. Looked in the sink for evidence of recent handwashing, it was DRY....
Roberto, I was wondering if the finger he used to poke the food is the same finger he used to scratch his, mmmm well you know!! I hope not, also was that the half you did not like 'cause of the aroma? :eek:

By the way, I saw Noon at the Sandbar holding hands with Lagaga (black widow replacement) I think she was cheating on you already since she is in Penasco!!

Last edited:
G

Glen

Hello Everyone. I am Glen, and I own Fries and Thai take out. I appreciate all of your comments and will sincerly take them all to heart. I owned a very successful rstaurant in Thailand for three years, and decided to bring some of the delicious flavors to Rocky Point. I have been getting rave reviews here from Captain Ron's RV resort, and I will always strive for perfection. Please come down and give it a try. Sincerly Glen

G

Glen

Kenny, I do not know Ning or Noon, but I do speak Thai quite well. Have them stop in sometime because I make Authentic Thai food. I would like to get their opinion on how the food is. Cheers, Glen

Kenny

Have them stop in sometime
I'm not sure if that's possible Glen. According to your neighbor Roberto, they could be on their way to Alaska to join Jerry's friends Harem.

G

Glen

What a climate change... Bangkok, Rocky Point, Alaska. WOW!

I have an idea to accommodate one of the comments that I received:

Super size it! Get double the portion for less than double the price. Double a $4.00 meal and get it for $7.00 US.

Roberto

Hey Glen;
Have you worked in Penasco before this? There was someone who used to cook Thai at the old Margarita Villa.