Thanks Google ! You almost got Craig killed!

Old55

So Puerto Libertad dreamer/developer Craig was rerouted from Santa Ana to the road to aTubutama and on to Sasabe. Where his car was machine gunned. Glad he made it! A real nice guy! “
TUCSON, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - An Arizona man got caught up in violence along a stretch of the border that Arizona’s Family has been reporting on extensively. Drivers are seeking alternate routes, with the main crossing down to Rocky Point still closed. However, there have been warnings about one option through Sasabe, where smuggling gangs are at war.

Craig Ricketts took that route south of the border in Mexico and got ambushed. Ricketts has worked in Mexico for more than two decades, but for the past seven years, he’s been working in Puerto Libertad, building a real estate development. On Christmas Eve, he was making his way to his son, who lives in Tempe, but because of the Lukeville checkpoint closure, he took the route to the Sasabe border, one of the most dangerous regions of the state. “I certainly didn’t intend to visit my extended family with them coming here, but that’s exactly what happened,” he said.

richwi

Google shows the route to Playa LaJolla as going right past my house…. that’s not right. I cannot tell you how many people I have pulled out of the sand.

ron

So Puerto Libertad dreamer/developer Craig was rerouted from Santa Ana to the road to aTubutama and on to Sasabe. Where his car was machine gunned. Glad he made it! A real nice guy! “
TUCSON, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) - An Arizona man got caught up in violence along a stretch of the border that Arizona’s Family has been reporting on extensively. Drivers are seeking alternate routes, with the main crossing down to Rocky Point still closed. However, there have been warnings about one option through Sasabe, where smuggling gangs are at war.

Craig Ricketts took that route south of the border in Mexico and got ambushed. Ricketts has worked in Mexico for more than two decades, but for the past seven years, he’s been working in Puerto Libertad, building a real estate development. On Christmas Eve, he was making his way to his son, who lives in Tempe, but because of the Lukeville checkpoint closure, he took the route to the Sasabe border, one of the most dangerous regions of the state. “I certainly didn’t intend to visit my extended family with them coming here, but that’s exactly what happened,” he said.

Old55

Ron , He really needs to get back on his feet.My Polo pony is ready to compete down there!
https://liberado.com.mx/equestrian/index.html

Old55

Old55

I have heard he is sitting on a gold mine and his legal position is real sound…..polo estates sad to say is just nuts

ernesto

Getting ambushed and shot by the cartel is some serious shit. Yet he downplays it and says he "understands". Is he one of those that downplays and sweeps anything bad under the rug to protect his financial position down there? Kinda hard to believe he wouldn't know about the risk of taking that route regardless of google recommendation.

Old55

Getting ambushed and shot by the cartel is some serious shit. Yet he downplays it and says he "understands". Is he one of those that downplays and sweeps anything bad under the rug to protect his financial position down there? Kinda hard to believe he wouldn't know about the risk of taking that route regardless of google recommendation.
For sure , he is worth millions when the court cases end

ernesto

Not worth millions if you're dead. We all go out with the same thing you had coming into this world. Nothing.

JayT

Tragic story and I feel bad for him. I'm surprised that someone who has worked in Mexico for 20 years and Puerto Libertad for the last 7 years didn't know that Sasabe is an absolute "no go" border crossing.

Old55

Tragic story and I feel bad for him. I'm surprised that someone who has worked in Mexico for 20 years and Puerto Libertad for the last 7 years didn't know that Sasabe is an absolute "no go" border crossing.
Jay, he was the main player in liberty Cove and his new plan is a big one! I go that way occasionally but only when a Caborca reporter friend says it is ok.It is the opposite of OK now! In this paid hit by real estate flack Rosebaum he is attacked. His response was good

ernesto

It always amazes me that these failed , stalled projects can be resurrected and a new group of innocent investors will breathe life into them again. Las Palomas phase 3, Playa Azul, Esmeralda, The Villages in Las Conchas. Las Palomas did a cash call after failing to deliver for 12 + years. No mas para mi!

Old55

It always amazes me that these failed , stalled projects can be resurrected and a new group of innocent investors will breathe life into them again. Las Palomas phase 3, Playa Azul, Esmeralda, The Villages in Las Conchas. Las Palomas did a cash call after failing to deliver for 12 + years. No mas para mi!
Ernest , the old mayor Munro is backing thos sucker bait south of me !

joanC

With many years experience in looking at investing in these projects, (and getting stung once, thank you, Mr Steinberg) the best due diligence you can do is simply look at the surnames of the principals. When you see a pattern, put your money into a GIC!