Thanksgiving Weekend Fishing!

doug

IMAG0223.jpg

Had a great weekend fishing penasco! did a little shore fishing on wednesday and saw some people gaffing lots of octopus while My dad and I were in Cholla bay. Thursday was really stormy and windy so we decided to go check out lobos. It was really awesome I'm extremely excited to do some fishing down there! Friday was alittle better but there was still some wind left over from the storm the day before. We took our boat out about noon and once we got on to the reef we started to fish. On the second drift I landed a 103lb gulf grouper(only 10lbs short of the world record!) the third drift my dad caught a 50lb gulf grouper. we decided to head in since we had so much fish and the waves were starting to pick up even more. We were out on the water for 2 hours made three drifts and caught 2 fish. Saturday was still windy but a little bit better and we caught a couple of 15-20lb sardineros. Sunday the water finally looked great but of course it was time to go home! All in all it was a pretty succesful trip!