The 6th annual Arizona Game and Fish Expo

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Hi family.
I would like to invite all of you to bring your kids and come out to the Expo. It is being held at Ben Avery shooting range on Carefree Highway west of I-17 this Sat. and Sun. Hours are 9-5 on Sat. and 9-4 on Sunday. Admission and parking are free! There are many displays, falconry, snakes, turtles, tanks with fish and kids fish free, a big campsite by Cabelas, gun manufacturers will be set up and you can shoot any type of gun, including a Gatlin gun for the price of bullets, (I think it's 5 for a dollar but the Gatlin gun is a dollar a bullet), a big off road display which I will be there all weekend talking to and educating people about responsible off roading and safety. There are quad and side by side displays and we will be doing shows every hour of rock crawlers running the rockpile. You may bring in food and drink but there are many vendors set up with any kind of food you would like. Please come out and say Hi! My booth will have a big banner across the back that says "Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs" I'm the 6 ft. tall redhead. Anybody there will be able to call me on my cell if I have stepped away for a few minutes... My club helps me out every year so we all work and have time to walk around. It's really a good time and so educational for the kids....Hope to see you there!

cin

User is currently banned
That sounds like it's going to be a real fun weekend, if we weren't going to the Nascar race in Fontana Ca. we would sure take our 12 and 14 year olds to your outdoor show.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
I'll have to research it. I think there's a motel on Carefree Hiway but I never pay attention......I have a motorhome...

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
There are 6 motels within 10 miles of the range. Just put motels close to Ben Avery in google and they will pop right up.

Kenny

How much are the motel 6's up in that area or a Ritz Carlton my only option,
I haven't been for a few years, but it's a huge event and lots of fun. At times I stay over down that way when there's a big 2 or 3 day show at Canyon Speedway, and no there's not any motels on the carefree highway, but there are quite a few within a relatively short drive. I always look on sites like Orbitz under Peoria AZ for a room, or use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Yeah, and if you come meet my mom she might tell you the story of how she painted a car with a vacuum cleaner back in the day! Right Kenny? LOL!

Kenny

Yeah, and if you come meet my mom she might tell you the story of how she painted a car with a vacuum cleaner back in the day! Right Kenny? LOL!
Indeed she did, and if you play your cards right you might get a story or two about the real "lady Jeeper" from her too.;-)

Kenny

That sounds like it's going to be a real fun weekend, if we weren't going to the Nascar race in Fontana Ca. we would sure take our 12 and 14 year olds to your outdoor show.
So what do you think happened to Hector? We haven't heard from him since he said he was going to Cali.