The Boats that made Penasco famous...

Just some more shrimp boats...

[video=youtube;QCzy5FHy0iA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCzy5FHy0iA[/video]

Last edited:

Kenny

Great stuff Mark.. I remember on one summer flat calm night back in the day at Cholla when we heard the fisherman playing their guitars and singing as they came back toward port. The sound seemed to float across the water like magic. I was just a kid but it moved me, and it's still one of my favorite moments from those early day's.

Last edited:

Roberto

Mark, do you know what happened to that marvelous old wooden shrimper that sat next to Balboas? That was a treasure, all wood and appeared to be in great condition.

Mark, do you know what happened to that marvelous old wooden shrimper that sat next to Balboas? That was a treasure, all wood and appeared to be in great condition.
No Roberto, I don't but I'm almost sure it probably belonged to Tony (owner of Balboas) I'll ask him or our friend Rosie who works there... my guess would be Tony is building up his fleet and making another pirate ship so he can pilfer and plunder the cruise ships if the ever come up here...

Terry C

Sure glad Mark posted something cool to maybe break the MOOD in here. Thanks Mark:cruisin: << Jimmie Johnson. LOL

El Gato

Every summer my Dad and his friends would rent a shrimp boat to go fishing for a week. After the first year of doing their own cooking they also hired a cook! Good decision. Once when my son was young and wearing the long hair of the day my Dad mentioned it was too bad it wasn't short, that he could have gone as bait boy. A minute later the kid had disappeared to find a barber. Dad wasn't worried as it was late and everything was closed. A half hour later the kid arrived back with a REALLY short haircut - he had found the barber's home and told him what the deal was :) So he had a wonderful, time of his life, fishing trip. A few years later his brother got to go and he hasn't stopped fishing since. Boy boths remember those fishing trips with their Grandfather as one of the greatest times of their lives. Yeah Penasco Shrimp boats!