The Cholla Oyster House

brokenwave

Well Known Member
We discovered a great restaurant in Cholla Bay. The Cholla Oyster House, located on the main road through Cholla about one block before getting to JJ's. It brings a new level of dining to Cholla.

It has a great atmosphere, wonderful view of the bay in Cholla, food is pretty good mostly pasta and seafood, great fresh Oysters. Part of the outside seating area is built around an 18ft catamaran sail boat. Great vibe perfect for a date night.

The owner told me they were going to expand the menu this season to include some other items,
Ex. Grilled Steaks/Chicken and some Italian dishes.
It has a nice bar and drink selection and they also serve 8-10 different brands of beer, including Corona, Victoria and Pacifico.
(Which I'm happy about since most of RP has been taken over by the Tecate/DosXX machine)

Go check it out, They're open this Labor Day Weekend 1-9 PM.

They will be open in Oct - July closed Mon and Tues, hours typically 1 - 9 PM typically.

jerry

Well Known Member
We discovered a great restaurant in Cholla Bay. The Cholla Oyster House, located on the main road through Cholla about one block before getting to JJ's. It brings a new level of dining to Cholla.

It has a great atmosphere, wonderful view of the bay in Cholla, food is pretty good mostly pasta and seafood, great fresh Oysters. Part of the outside seating area is built around an 18ft catamaran sail boat. Great vibe perfect for a date night.

The owner told me they were going to expand the menu this season to include some other items,
Ex. Grilled Steaks/Chicken and some Italian dishes.
It has a nice bar and drink selection and they also serve 8-10 different brands of beer, including Corona, Victoria and Pacifico.
(Which I'm happy about since most of RP has been taken over by the Tecate/DosXX machine)

Go check it out, They're open this Labor Day Weekend 1-9 PM.

They will be open in Oct - July closed Mon and Tues, hours typically 1 - 9 PM typically.
Tecate wins! https://vinepair.com/articles/7-best-mexican-lagers-ranked/

rplarry

Well Known Member
Like any taste test, these “tasters” have their own opinions , in which I found pretty off target.

To say what they said about Victoria? And Pacifico ? And then to put Tacate #1 ?? I’m guessing they would rank Colt 44 highly as well, LOL.

My personal ranking order, best to worst, would be:

1) Pacifico - nothing better, IMO, either regular or light. By the way, this is for Mexican Pacifico, not imported. If you poured a Mexican Pacifico and an imported Pacifico into side by side clear glasses, you can see the difference. The import doesn’t taste nearly as good as the Mexican Pacifico.

2) Indio - especially on draft. So smooth.

3) Victoria - just a clean, nice flavored beer.

4) Modelo.

5) Negra Modelo

6) Bohemia. - All prior, 1-6 are tasty beers.

7) A multi way tie for skunkiest, stinky, bitter, plain nasty flavor : Corona, Sol, Dos Equis, Tacate, Carte Blanca

Anybody else have an opinion ?

brokenwave

Well Known Member
RPLarry,
If I voted it would mirror how you listed them. The owner of the Oyster House gave me a Victoria to try and I was impressed.
Funny about the Pacifico, like you said, the US version is blah, Similar thing with Corona but reversed, Mexico version is blah while I like the US version much better.
Indio on draft at Bryan's Sports bar is so good and cold.

3 more weeks and I can do a fresh taste test.:)