The Debacle on Bloody Decks.

B

bahiatrader

Here's another one. I spent a good part of my life having fun making a living off of my environment, but I didn't rape it.

Attachments

B

bahiatrader

Send away if you like. Snopes.com has been shown to be a semi-farce anyway. It's just two do-gooders with no credentials.

B

bahiatrader

Here's another one you can send in to Snopes. It was on the front page of our local newspaper. I was 60' up in that tree when it came down. I walked away uninjured. You ain't having sex with the hired hand. I don't need to bulls--t.

Attachments

playaperro

El Pirata
bahiatrader said:
Here's another one you can send in to Snopes. It was on the front page of our local newspaper. I was 60' up in that tree when it came down. I walked away uninjured. You ain't having sex with the hired hand. I don't need to bulls--t.
Childish

bahiatrader said:
Hell, I'm an old fart myself, or at Least Social Security considers me as such. Is your endocrine system in such disrepair that you don't get an adrenaline rush once in a while? I know that part of my glandular array still works. When I get jazzed up on adrenaline, you'd think I just got out of my morning shower. If I had just caught one fifth of that many reds (which I would have released most of), I'd feel like fighting wildcats! If you don't have that condition, perhaps you should see an endocrinologist or seek geriatric counseling.
I know there must be a term for Happy's condition, but I seem to have misplaced my text on psychiatric disorders. That's another circumstance of old fartishness. We sometimes misplace things, and can't remember what we did with them. I'll not forget this soon, and I hope you don't either. As far as tree hugging is concerned, I've harvested enough timber and quarried enough rock to build a small city. That's me up in that tree. I've also harvested a few critters that are considered endangered in some places. That's my wife and I just before a fur sale. I believe I also took more than 50 coyote hides to the same sale. If you ask someone in Lake County, Oregon who Robert Barnes was, you may or may not get an answer. If you ask about Coyote Bob, almost anyone could give you an anecdote or two. And it wasn't because I was smuggling illegal aliens. Believe it or not, I also have a few advanced degrees from institutions of higher learning. Been there, done that, my friend.
I may get a rush from certain things....but since I am not a fisherman, it is not from that activity! But once any activity causing this temporary rush has ceased, you become very quickly drained.....which these "fisherman" would be experiencing at this point!

Obviously from your responses to a couple of us....your "old fartedness" includes the LACK OF the ability to read and comprehend what you have read. The only commentary I made to the photo is that it appeared to me to be staged....I didn't say Photoshopped (of which I have some knowledge of), but staged in some fashion!

So you have a few advanced degrees....I do too....what does that have to do with anything??? A few of the dumbest, most obnoxious people that I have met in my life had advanced degrees and they had absolutely no common sense!

Some of the activities that you seem to be proud of having done may have been legal...but they were no less a "debacle". It all depends on the viewer!

Kenny

Sorry guys, but experience tells me those men could haul in 60 fish that size easy, no problem at all. The fact that their all Red Snapper should have raised some question, but didn't...why not?... Red Snappers will bunch up at certain times, and not always deep.
I'm not going to say anything more right now...I have a line out, and I think I'm getting a bite...LOL

Kenny

B

bahiatrader

I'm not going to say anything else on this subject either. I just hope the word gets spread so it's less likely to happen again. I never claimed to have any common sense. How much fun would that be?

HAPPY

User is currently banned
Oh My Bahia,
Bahia Say, ~~~ "I know there must be a term for Happy's condition,
but I seem to have misplaced my text on psychiatric disorders' ~~~

~~~ Oh My Bahia, ~~~ STOP IT, STOP IT, ~~~ NO, NO, ~~~ MORE, MORE,
PLEASE, PLEASE, ~~~ I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING MY ASS OFF, ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

~~~ Oh My Bahia, ~~~ :lol: :lol: :lol:

jerry

I liked the lumberjack pictures. The scene from Sometime a Great Notion where Paul Newman unsuccessfully try's to save his brothers life (trapped under a log in a rising stream) is one of the most chilling deaths ever in a movie

Attachments

B

bahiatrader

Hey, I even met Ken Keasey one time. He was a strange case. I have experiential knowledge of Oregon high lead logging too. I spent many an hour riding in a "crummy". I've set a few chokers, fell some old growth timber, hung riggin in spar trees and run a loader. I even had a short, scary illustrious two-week career as a log truck driver, but I've never been a donkey puncher. Keasey knew about high lead logging. It was a high risk job and I gloried in it. I used to swagger around in my Humboldt tuxedo (black jeans, suspenders, pin-striped shirt and hard hat) just looking for trouble. I was young and even stupider once than I now am. I'd rather go fishing now and let other people handle the rough stuff.

JimMcG

This is a well documented true story of a truly unassuming real American 'Hero'. (a la Sgt York)
The Nva group that he and his spotter held off on their own later admitted that they thought that they had been up against much superior numbers.

B

bahiatrader

Yes, I have heard of Gunny Hathcock. He was indeed a legend among Marines. I never met him, but I knew guys who knew him personally from the USMC Marksman Training Unit at Quantico, VA. They all spoke highly of him.

B

bahiatrader

Incidentally, I have shared a few sips of Georgia "shine" With Gunnery Sergeant Eric England, "The Phantom of Phu Bai", and Palma Match long range rifle champion. Gunny England was equally as famous among Marines. He was definitely a harder case than Gunny Hathcock reportedly was. Eric England was a good guy, but he was definitely not un-assuming as Gunny Hathcock was.

Below is an excerpt I cut and pasted from: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=13056

03-04-04, 07:20 PM #1
jfreas
Free Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder why we never hear about "the other" Marine Sniper. Eric England. Carlos Hathcock said of him "Eric is one Great Man, Great Shooter, and a Great Marine. Gen Krulak said "Eric England is Still a Model for the Marines of Today. I've also read wear Gunny Hathcock stated that England was a better shoot then he. I'm not trying to take anything away from Gunny Hathcock, he was and is one hell of a Shooter. You just never hear of Eric England. Can anyone shed any light on him?

jfreas
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by jfreas

03-04-04, 10:55 PM #2
namgrunt
Free Member

Posts: 815 I'm checking his trail on the internet. Google search for "Eric England"+"USMC" results in 24 hits. Some of them look promising, including mention of a book. It is titled "Eric England, The Phantom of Phu Bai", by Dr. J.B. Turner. The book is supposedly endorsed by the USMC Scout/Sniper Association.
Unfortunately, the book is no longer in print. You may find a copy in your local library, but I wouldn't bet on that. There is an E-mail address for further interested parties. That is only from the first hit on the search result list.

Another keyword search with results is "Eric England"+"NRA", which resulted in 20 hits.

Enjoy.

Semper Fi!