The flip side of them taking your beef......

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
So quit bringing in your steaks! Naomi and I bought these at Ley on Constitucion' yesterday and cooked them at the beach. They were tender, juicy and tasted awesome! The background scenery was great too! 120 pesos per kilo when converted using 12 x 1 peso exchange comes out to about $4.55 per pound last time I bought steaks at Safeway they were 12.00 per pound and not anywhere near as good as these were. Save yourself the headache - shop local!

DSCN0402.jpgDSCN0396.jpgDSCN0397.jpg

El Gato

I just picked up 4 beautiful rib eyes for under $12 at Super Ley yesterday. Plus the ground beef I got was excellent - hardly any fat/grease at all and so less expensive then in the States. Also got some fresh green beans, which my DH didn't want me to buy as he isn't into string beans - when I served them he wanted seconds! They were so tender and full of favor could have made the whole meal on them. Also picked up a cantaloupe and it is one of the best. We do get spoiled down here.

DH does miss KFC and McD though - but not enough to make the trip north :)

Roberto

I too have had good luck at Ley with the packaged steaks. They almost always have Rib Eye and New York cut prepackaged. I eat very little beef anymore but like to have a couple in the freezer for when the spirit moves me. They are cut a little thinner than I might like but I'm betting they would cut thicker if one asked. I still buy veggies at the Sinaloa Fruiteria but have to say that Ley does a good job with their veggies and fruit as well. Only place I find championes. The Bodega does a terrible job with fresh veggies, I think. Only thing I buy there anymore is the Las Moreas Malbec wine, $80 MP . I try to buy stuff at Numeros.

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Yeah Bodega has a bad idea of hopw vegetables should be treated.....Ley was extremely clean - up-to-date and well layed out. They even have greeters now - the other day I took a tour group in there so they could provision before heading out to Mayan Palace and they were impressed with the "Welcome to Ley" in English and the "Good Bye have a nice day" on their way out. I was amazed. Someone is handling their job very seriously! Great customer service!

azfish

Where is Ley, is it a full grocery store and do they have things I could buy here in AZ like chief boy are D?

No Chef Boy R De...No Nalley's Chilli...no selection of Campbells Soup outside of mushroom and something else I can't read... it's no wonder I'm losing weight here in Penasco.

mis2810

No Chef Boy R De...No Nalley's Chilli...no selection of Campbells Soup outside of mushroom and something else I can't read... it's no wonder I'm losing weight here in Penasco.
If you're losing weight it's most likely because your're not eating food loaded with a ton of chemicals, and meat injected with steroids and antibiotics like in the US.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
So quit bringing in your steaks! Naomi and I bought these at Ley on Constitucion' yesterday and cooked them at the beach. They were tender, juicy and tasted awesome! The background scenery was great too! 120 pesos per kilo when converted using 12 x 1 peso exchange comes out to about $4.55 per pound last time I bought steaks at Safeway they were 12.00 per pound and not anywhere near as good as these were. Save yourself the headache - shop local!

View attachment 5283View attachment 5284View attachment 5285

LOL No thank you I DONT LIKE FLANK STEAK?! Sh!tten me?! Ive seen better steaks at wally world. Best buy in Phx, Sprouts Farmers Market sometimes get in PRIME CUT USDA Ribeye or New York and they are FTMFW

Ladyjeeper

Sonoran Goddess
Staff member
Stephen and Azfish, try CS restaurant supply on Josefa. They have the biggest selection of American brands in all of Penasco.

Mex Joe,
Cedesa has some really incredible steaks that leave the USDA stuff in the dust. Go inside the store, tell them what you want, they cut it to your desired thickness, pay for it, take it outside and let the boys cook it. Good luck making home before doing your best impression of a starving bear.

GV Jack

Snorin God
Mex Joe,
Cedesa has some really incredible steaks that leave the USDA stuff in the dust. Go inside the store, tell them what you want, they cut it to your desired thickness, pay for it, take it outside and let the boys cook it. Good luck making home before doing your best impression of a starving bear.
Hey Stephen,

I've been to Cedasa twice. First time they cut the steaks for me and the second time he took me to the freezer and said pick out what you want.
Both times I had very good steaks, but I was a little turned off with the freezer routine. Are you talking about the Cedasa on Sonora?

By the way..nobody cooks my steaks for me. As the old ad said, "Mommy I rather do that myself."

I have to agree with Stephen, If you go to Cedasa you can get some high quality meat, just ask for "Arrachera" or even better "Cabreria" but Cabreria is on the expensive side you cannot buy it by Kilos, have to buy the whole piece (lil more than 2 kilos) its like 500 pesos minimum for this. Best "Carne Asada Tacos" of my life and I have had tried the steaks from sprouts(expensive store).
And yes you should always cook your steaks yourself.

Cedasa is High Quality stuff is even exported to Japan, one of the best meats in the world compared to ones on Brazil and Argentina.

I have a problem with grills where we live. I refuse to grill a steak on George Foreman regardless of the fact that I have a number of his kids as Facebook friends.

jerry

Is there a Kowa pork butcher shop in Puerto Penasco.The one in Caborca is great.Best baby back ribs that come pre-marinated...QUOTE=RockyPointer;67100]I have to agree with Stephen, If you go to Cedasa you can get some high quality meat, just ask for "Arrachera" or even better "Cabreria" but Cabreria is on the expensive side you cannot buy it by Kilos, have to buy the whole piece (lil more than 2 kilos) its like 500 pesos minimum for this. Best "Carne Asada Tacos" of my life and I have had tried the steaks from sprouts(expensive store).
And yes you should always cook your steaks yourself.

Cedasa is High Quality stuff is even exported to Japan, one of the best meats in the world compared to ones on Brazil and Argentina.[/QUOTE]

geeeeee

Bring ya meat down from the states! Let the
Mex boder guards take it! Their families will sometimes have a good meal

Remember, your president wants you to share
your wealth!

DD