The NEW and IMPROVED ad for Sonora

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
Son ad good..jpg

This will run in Tomorrows Az Republic, whoo an I glad they got rid of the hunter (sniper) or whatever he was and this kid is smiling unlike the other guy. I find this ad much less threatening!

Last edited:

Kenny

That old saying about closing the barn door after the horses are let out is more than fitting in this case.

Mexico Joe

Cholla Bay 4 Life
Um, where was this the first time? Do they teach marketing and advertising in Mexico? Just seems like common sense to sell the beach in the ad. They were trying to sell the beach with a hunter, lol good correlation. I like this one a lot better and nobody can say a thing about this one.

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
That old saying about closing the barn door after the horses are let out is more than fitting in this case.
Its better than nothing Kenny, we got word last week in an email that the hunter ads were going to continue, that they thought the campaign was good. This is way better "all rights reserved - all wrongs reversed"

C

colemanscottage

This is good to see! Happy they listened to the feedback about how inappropriate that other ad truly was!

JimMcG

Publicity is publicity, and as long as people are now reassured, it might still be a very successful weekend for Penasco. We will soon see.

Kenny

I'm getting tired of trying.

So far so good from what I am hearing.
I'm in the states not Mexico Russ, and I spend a lot of time trying to convince my friends and acquaintances that it's safe in our part of Mexico. I know a lot of people at the College that have just stopped going, and frankly, I'm getting tired of trying. This last deal was the last straw for some who were debating about whether to go again, or not

Last edited:

mexicoruss

Lovin it in RP!
I'm in the states not Mexico Russ, and I spend a lot of time trying to convince my friends and acquaintances that it's safe in our part of Mexico. I know a lot of people at the College that have just stopped going, and frankly, I'm getting tired of trying. This last deal was the last straw for some who were debating about whether to go again, or not
Ok Kenny whats the point? I live in Mexico, I am in the business of getting people to come here. What do you think it does to our Psyche when we get shoved around by bad press and by bad ads. I spent just less than 30k last year of MY money to promote in hopes things will turn around just to get shot at by ""friendly fire" last week. Do I stop? Cant.....too much invested in a place that I truly love I am in for the long haul, anybody that knows me probably gets that idea too!

Kenny

Ok Kenny whats the point? I live in Mexico, I am in the business of getting people to come here. What do you think it does to our Psyche when we get shoved around by bad press and by bad ads. I spent just less than 30k last year of MY money to promote in hopes things will turn around just to get shot at by ""friendly fire" last week. Do I stop? Cant.....too much invested in a place that I truly love I am in for the long haul, anybody that knows me probably gets that idea too!
I feel guilty as hell about my part in all this. My family was one of the original "pigeon couper's" who rented hut's from Nacho in Cholla bay when I was a kid, and I've probably only told 1/4 of the people I've know since 56/57 how great it is down there. It feels terrible to have been part of the problem... I should have kept my mouth shut!
Russ, read your post. This is not all about you, and how much $$ you've spent. It's this my my my , me me me stuff that gets on people nerves.

Last edited: