The Panga Fishermen revolt is begining

jerry

Well Known Member
It's a four.For the fishing leader Ricardo Michel Luna, things are clear: there is a dark interest on the part of the Peña Nieto administration to impose a reserve zone in the Upper Gulf of California. There, big economic interests are played. And Michel Luna warned that the work tables proposed by Sagarpa are a kind of trap, because there will be environmental groups and Gabriel Quadri, of Codeme, who already have a kind of clever opinion. For what they want, said the fishing leader, he does not count the social damage that will be caused to thousands of fishermen. Michel Luna confirmed that by agreement of all fishing organizations in the country will not go to the analysis tables proposed by Rafael Pacchiano, owner of Semarnat. The government of Peña Nieto has less than three months left, and should leave the next administration the topic. He confirmed that the president-elect, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, issued instructions so that the issue will be reviewed by those who will reach the government. "But still those who are leaving are still insisting," he said.
The trucks of the Chemist. The proposal of the mayor-elect Luis Guillermo Benítez yes that was great. Yesterday he said that to solve the problem of parking on Del Mar Avenue, land will be acquired to become parking lots.And the genius is that they will put "trucks" to take people from the parking lots to any place on the boardwalk. Of course, parking will be charged, and with that ticket you can board the "truck". No, well, wow.
First shakeThey still do not arrive, and they are already fighting over the "bones". In July, the mayor-elect Luis Guillermo Benitez announced that former PAN mayor Alejandro Mendoza would be the next secretary of the City Council.Alejandro even went to the Municipal Palace and introduced himself as the next secretary. What happened? We do not know yet.But Benítez lowered it. Wow, he took it from the team without giving an explanation. He just told him he would not be the secretary.Another of the names that the elected mayor deleted is that of the architect Armando Galván, who was placed as the next director of Municipal Planning. Another one that apparently was also eliminated is the name of David Librado Díaz, former justice prosecutor in the southern zone who was initially said to be part of the commission that will represent the elect in the delivery-reception process.
They want to grow dwarves. Now there are two who from today are signed as candidates for governor, without really assessing their limitations and the rejection they cause. The first was the leader of Over, Daniel Amador, who even announced that he would seek to transform that organization into a political party. It does not take into account that on July 1 the rejection was for those who took advantage of social organizations. And the most recent has been the former Secretary of Government of the Nazi period, Gerardo Vargas Landeros, who refers to the PRI with a marked sign of contempt. He builds his strength in the relationship he has with Fernando González, son-in-law of Elba Esther Gordillo. And he says he already has a job proposal.
Sponsored links
You may like

Last edited:

audsley

Well Known Member
Can someone whose Spanish is better than mine tell me what's going on? The Facebook piece didn't work because it said either the content was removed or I don't have permission to view it.

jerry

Well Known Member
As I understand it Obrador is stopping the current leadership from selling all the land the federal government had set aside for the nautical ladder Private vendors would then have access to beach areas in the protected zone and the fisherman who are being limited in their accesd as in open revolt.They believe this sweet heart deal is an example of how things work ( ( the big violators are ignored and the artisianal fishermen are blamed and now stooped from earning a living...El Golfo Facebook pages and SanCarlos are all over this...

jerry

Well Known Member
Don't get me wrong the Panga Fishermen are a major part of the problem but they are taking all the punishment

Roberto

Well Known Member
A the current leadership from selling all the land the federal government had set aside for the nautical ladder They believe this sweet heart deal is an example of how things work ( ( the big violators are ignored and the artisianal fishermen are blamed and now stooped from earning a living...El Golfo Facebook pages and SanCarlos are all over this...
Sheesh Jerry, have you no heart?? Those in current office have a scant few weeks to fatten up the bank account. Will be a hardship to be out of power. I bet there is a mad scramble going on all over while they are still in power.

audsley

Well Known Member
I'm getting a whole different picture about this. Seems to me Pena Nieto is trying to do the right thing by protecting the upper gulf from being over fished. Opponents are planting the idea that the reserve was designed to benefit the well-connected at the expense of the poor, and any conservation objective is merely subterfuge. Corruption/privileged class narratives have long been the default explanation for everything in Mexico. Not saying those problems aren't very real, but Mexico also tries to do some things right. This looks to me like one they're trying to do right. And, to give the corruption rumor its due, it wouldn't surprise me if certain privileged parties had to be accommodated in exchange for their support. Mexico's economic efforts shouldn't emphasize sustaining the poverty-level incomes associated with market fishing and trinket sales. Mexico should instead work toward bringing more of its people into the tourist and recreation economy as small-business entrepreneurs.

Roberto

Well Known Member
. Mexico should instead work toward bringing more of its people into the tourist and recreation economy as small-business entrepreneurs...….. [Pena Nieto is trying to do the right thing /QUOTE]

I am of a mind that anything the Mex. goberino, at all levels, does almost exclusively things that benefit them and their friends.
I'm doing my part importing more 5 gallon buckets in various colors other than white to assist in sales of car washing. This is one of the biggest employers in Penasco. You obviously do not know how bad things are for the average Mexican.

jerry

Well Known Member
I'm getting a whole different picture about this. Seems to me Pena Nieto is trying to do the right thing by protecting the upper gulf from being over fished. Opponents are planting the idea that the reserve was designed to benefit the well-connected at the expense of the poor, and any conservation objective is merely subterfuge. Corruption/privileged class narratives have long been the default explanation for everything in Mexico. Not saying those problems aren't very real, but Mexico also tries to do some things right. This looks to me like one they're trying to do right. And, to give the corruption rumor its due, it wouldn't surprise me if certain privileged parties had to be accommodated in exchange for their support. Mexico's economic efforts shouldn't emphasize sustaining the poverty-level incomes associated with market fishing and trinket sales. Mexico should instead work toward bringing more of its people into the tourist and recreation economy as small-business entrepreneurs.
Both are right.Nieto is a crook and is looking for the biggest payday ever by selling these enormously valuable coastal lands to private interests.At the same time he also really believes something needs to be done about the Pangas and nets.
The fishermen are right and wrong too.They are death to the Sea but this give away doesn't cut them in in. Neito had years to stop the politically connected trawler fleet and didn't do shit.Chances are these same guys will be part of the private Nautical ladder/Mega resort boom. Meanwhile the panga fishermen are forced out of business.

MIRAMAR

Well Known Member
They can do what Arturo is doing-take people fishing ,diving or just out to enjoy the beautiful Sea of Cortez

Estero

Well Known Member
Got em. Unfortunately, somebody has probably already stepped in and taken his place.

http://zetatijuana.com/2018/09/cae-el-parra-principal-operador-del-trafico-de-totoaba/

El Parra, the main totoaba poacher in San Felipe, caught

It was only a matter of time. State police were on the heels of Óscar Parra Aispuro for months. He is the main trafficker of totoaba in San Felipe. He was arrested in a special operation early this Thursday morning on the San Felipe - Mexicali highway.

He was in possession of two AR15s, two AK47s, bulletproof vests, three pistols and two vehicles, in addition to two bodyguards. He was cut-off and and could not escape.

Since last year, the head of Óscar Parra Aispuro, called El Tekolin, he was highly visible due to his constant altercations in San Felipe. This situation went out of control last December 31 when he was involved in the murder of a Mexican army soldier, who was shot during a traffic incident. The soldier was stopping traffic asking for batter boost cables, and that bothered El Parra.

jerry

Well Known Member
Got em. Unfortunately, somebody has probably already stepped in and taken his place.

http://zetatijuana.com/2018/09/cae-el-parra-principal-operador-del-trafico-de-totoaba/

El Parra, the main totoaba poacher in San Felipe, caught

It was only a matter of time. State police were on the heels of Óscar Parra Aispuro for months. He is the main trafficker of totoaba in San Felipe. He was arrested in a special operation early this Thursday morning on the San Felipe - Mexicali highway.

He was in possession of two AR15s, two AK47s, bulletproof vests, three pistols and two vehicles, in addition to two bodyguards. He was cut-off and and could not escape.

Since last year, the head of Óscar Parra Aispuro, called El Tekolin, he was highly visible due to his constant altercations in San Felipe. This situation went out of control last December 31 when he was involved in the murder of a Mexican army soldier, who was shot during a traffic incident. The soldier was stopping traffic asking for batter boost cables, and that bothered El Parra.
Great news